Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

My MIL wants me to lock our three year old in his room at night!!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 274 Replies

Are you kidding me Lois??  Just because he's getting out of his bed at night do you really think it's necessary to turn his room into a prison cell?

WTH Does anyone do this?? 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicamarquez
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I wouldn't
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:09 AM
3 moms liked this
we keep my sons door open at night. When he wakes up he will go crawl into bed with his dad.

I would not lock a toddler in his room that is ridiculous.
loveTHEviking
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Wow! That's just mean I think. My oldest is 5 he goes to bed when he gets tired & he usually sleeps all night unless he's sick. DH closes Ians door when he gets up in the morning for work just so he doesn't wake him but he opens the door again before he leaves.

othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM
12 moms liked this

Is he getting up and getting in to anything that could hurt him? Maybe a baby gate in front of his door. My kids doors are usually clothes and before they learned how to turn the knobs  they couldn't get out, but it was never locked. We still had the baby moniter on though so we could hear them if they need anything

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

No.  Never.

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM

My boss does this. I have never done it and think its crazy but she says it the only way to keep him safe. IDK

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM
5 moms liked this
I actually know some moms who do this to keep their kids out of trouble at night. They usually keep a baby monitor on and if the child needs anything they always go to help.
arpazia
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh bleep no!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I wouldn't do that.

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

wow. Yeah you know because thats safe and all.... wth lol. I know its not funny but sometimes I just dont get the words that come out of mils mouths... sometimes lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)