Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What's your funniest jealousy?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 54 Replies

A while back, the panel chatted about jealousy...it popped into my brain the other day and I got thinking about funny ways we, the humans that we are, get jealous...and what we get jealous over. Though to be clear, as we defined before, when you want something someone has, like money or a thinner waist, you are envious -- jealous mainly works when you're talking love-relationship-a certain person's attention kind of thing...but that's the nitty-gritty dictionary stickler part of me coming through.

Anyhoo, jealousy, envy, that feeling when looking at something that someone else has and getting a greenish tinge in that part of yourself, the part that is a little tickle of wah-wah-ness that you don't have it. I'm betting we have all felt it at some point -- and I'm also betting that looking back at some of those times, the thing we were jealous about wasn't that important now, right?

I'm thinking back to eighth grade, when many girls had those Guess jeans, the ones with the triangle patch on the back pocket. I didn't have those for a while, and when I did get them, I remember the elation I felt as I wore them...though that lasted for such a brief moment, really. Definitely not worth all of the jealous/envious feelings. Other wacky things I was jealous of at one point or another: not having a British accent (doesn't everything sound better with an accent...think about it!), not having better sports ability (c'mon, really, what was I thinking?), my lack of a good foot arch (right, absolutely no way to get a different one)...I could go on.  

Seems ridiculous when I type them out - what about you? Think back and share a funny or silly time you got jealous!

©iStockphoto.com/ AnsonLu                      

by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive always been jealous of the girls with small narrow feet that can rock heels and platforms for days with no pain or blisters, my size 8-8.5 wide feet do not appreciate those gorgeous shoes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Im jealous of the girls that walk into a clothing store, pick from the tiny rack, dont have to try on and can make an outfit in ten seconds. I struggle to find matching items that cover properly and are age appropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm jealous of tall people.
k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM

In 9th grade I was always jealous of the girls that always wore American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie; we were poor... But then I got a job and could afford to buy myself those things.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

elasmimi
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I am jealous of my spouse, because cats always like him better than me. But I finally have one who barely tolerates him and is completely devoted to me.

elasmimi
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I am jealous of people who actually get to retire. (I'm raising a great grandchild and will be 84 when she graduates high school; probably not so much travel as I would like in my future)

elasmimi
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I am extremely jealous of people who can eat anything they want w/o gaining weight.

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Lol, this too. I'm 5'2".

Quoting poshkat:

I'm jealous of tall people.

I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Yess, this! This is exactly my df, drives me crazy.

Quoting elasmimi:

I am extremely jealous of people who can eat anything they want w/o gaining weight.

kellynh
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Woman with perky boobs!! Lol... Mine were always so big... They always sagged!! I want perky without surgery!! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)