Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Why do you have to have such a potty mouth???

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you cuss in front of your kids?

A friend said this to me last night...Really they would start learning about these words sooner or later so who cares?

I never cuss in front of my kids and was a bit shocked at her statement.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Replies (161-170):
brittany208
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

my 3yo is going through the why stage too. I try to give him answers when he asks "why" but there comes a point I am SOOO tired of hearing it... bc its not even a real question, he's just saying it again and again so I end up shh-ing him. lol.

Quoting c_ramirez8606:

I've told my son this for so many things. He is 6 and is at a stage where he questions everything. Why can't I do that? Why can't I stay up all night? WHY WHY? WHY? And instead of telling him what I was told growing up, which was, "Because I said so". I wanted to teach him that there are certain things you get to do depending on what age you are.

Quoting brittany208:

This is a very good lesson that kids need to learn!!! though we usually use this argument for things like using steak knives, driving, and eating food before it cools down...

Quoting c_ramirez8606:

I try not to. When I get really mad I tend to cuss. Otherwise I try very hard not too.

Then there is the car. I cuss in the car so much because of the dumb things other people do. I don't think that will ever change.

I have taught my kids that there are things that grown ups do that kids are not allowed to do.

c_ramirez8606
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM

My son was like that when he was 3 but now that he is 6, they are actual questions. And sometimes they are really good questions.

Quoting brittany208:

my 3yo is going through the why stage too. I try to give him answers when he asks "why" but there comes a point I am SOOO tired of hearing it... bc its not even a real question, he's just saying it again and again so I end up shh-ing him. lol.

Quoting c_ramirez8606:

I've told my son this for so many things. He is 6 and is at a stage where he questions everything. Why can't I do that? Why can't I stay up all night? WHY WHY? WHY? And instead of telling him what I was told growing up, which was, "Because I said so". I wanted to teach him that there are certain things you get to do depending on what age you are.

Quoting brittany208:

This is a very good lesson that kids need to learn!!! though we usually use this argument for things like using steak knives, driving, and eating food before it cools down...

Quoting c_ramirez8606:

I try not to. When I get really mad I tend to cuss. Otherwise I try very hard not too.

Then there is the car. I cuss in the car so much because of the dumb things other people do. I don't think that will ever change.

I have taught my kids that there are things that grown ups do that kids are not allowed to do.

xxshelbyxxx
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM
This!

There's a difference between cuss words and racial slur/derogatory though ya know? I get what you're saying.

Quoting arpazia:

All the time!

I won't say the c word or t word, they are just gross.

Nobody can say the n word, I know it's just a word. I think people who say it, of any color should be popped in the mouth.

BuckeyezRule
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Lol me too. I forget and ask my kids or their friends with us, 'what did I say to the other driver?'. Lol

Quoting conweis:

This.
We have a swear jar. Sadly I owe the swear jar money.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Yes but I don't try too

lisannamarie
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM
What the heck? The t word? I can't think of any inappropriate word that starts with a "t" lol.

Quoting arpazia:

All the time!

I won't say the c word or t word, they are just gross.

Nobody can say the n word, I know it's just a word. I think people who say it, of any color should be popped in the mouth.

conweis
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM
It is a hard habit

Quoting BabyTeki:

I do, but have really tried to stop since kids. Its a hard habit to break
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I dont cuss in front of my DS, but I do have a sailor mouth...

angiepangie727
by on May. 9, 2013 at 5:51 AM

I do. Cussing seems to be part of my normal verbal communication most of the time. My kids never had the problem with spouting cuss words my friends kids did though.  You know, that two year old who says "shit!" because of how mommy freaks when she says it? 

Anyway, yes, I do. 

Kmakksmom
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I try really hard not to.  Sometimes it slips and my kids are shocked, lol.

jconney80
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I don't cuss in front of my kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)