Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Have you "let yourself go" since you got married?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 33 Replies

I've been married for ten years now and I'm constantly trying to make myself presentable not only to the world but to my husband as well.  My BFF wears sweats all day long, flip flops wherever she goes and I would venture a guess that she shaves her legs about once a week. Not sure if it's a self esteem problem, lack of motivation or she just doesn't care.  Of course when she was dating her husband she glammed up on a regular basis but not anymore.  Have you let yourself go?

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I never did much to dress up and stuff before either. It is not my style

k_cook12
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I wouldnt say i have let myself go but i have lost weight (went from 140 to 112). Theni put on some weight. I now weigh 129. I feel too skinny. I have been a sahm for a year now so yes my husband comes home to me in tank tops and gym shorts. My husband isnt home until after 5 so when he gets home i am beginning dinner. On the weekends i do get dolled up and let my hair down
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:56 AM

No I have never glammed up for my s/o, he likes me unshaven and sweats just like on day 1. :)

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I have been married for 10 years also.  I do notice I don't put on make up every day like I used to.  But, when I notcied it, I also tried to start doing it again.  I feel better about myself when I look presentable.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Been married 10 years this July, lol!
I try harder now than before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I let myself go.  

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I weight a little more then I did but I also have bigger boobs (LOL) and I don't dress up or wear make-up as much but I take care of myself. I know DH is happy with my looks : )

conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Maybe she has more priorities than self image.
I was never one for dressing up. I can't style hair or put on make up. After four babies my body needs a revamp. I refuse to buy new larger clothes so I am wearing sweats. Its motivation to lose the last 25 baby pounds to get back in my old clothes.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM

My husband says that I've grown into a beautiful woman from the beautiful girl he married!

The only opinion that matters to me is my husbands.

BabyTeki
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Its more of since having 2 babies I have let myself go. But since we got married a month after having dd it probably seems one in the same.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)