Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

walking shoes

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  • 25 Replies
I am trying to get into shape. I could stand to lose 100 pounds. I have just a cheap pair of shoes from Wal-Mart and they aren't for walking plus i think they are a little too big. When walking i feel like I'm walking I'm pins. I'm home now and can barely walk. My feet are just aching

What is a good brand for walking? I am not running out jogging. I'm at 3.0 walk.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I suggest going to a special store and having your feet fitted to the right pair of shoes.

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I agree with this! You might have to pay more (my shoes were 90ish) but they are soo comfortable. You might be surprised by your shoe size too. My mom is a bigger lady and we went together. She was wearing mostly 8.5/9's but they sized her as a 7.5 triple wide. She loves her shoes too.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I suggest going to a special store and having your feet fitted to the right pair of shoes.

jbjb1024
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I want to go get fitted but i don't have the money for those shoes. I know i need to be willing to spend the money but I don't really have the money to spend

Quoting sara_7106:

I agree with this! You might have to pay more (my shoes were 90ish) but they are soo comfortable. You might be surprised by your shoe size too. My mom is a bigger lady and we went together. She was wearing mostly 8.5/9's but they sized her as a 7.5 triple wide. She loves her shoes too.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

sanj1213
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Maybe you can try Nike Shox. Those I've heard are great, even for like back issues. 

KristinRox
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:19 AM

New Balance are a really good sneaker that keeps your feet happy while you walk or exercise. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM

This ... yes get fitted properly :)

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Join us at
Time Out for You

brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Quoting KristinRox:

New Balance are a really good sneaker that keeps your feet happy while you walk or exercise. 

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I wear Nikes and Asics. They are great shoes. I got mine at JCPenney's they were both under 60 bucks each.

SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I agree with this if you are unable to go to a store and get properly fitted.

Quoting KristinRox:

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I need to get in shape too. I have New Balance sneakers, they are very comfortable. I've even had them for a couple of years now and are still in pretty good shape. I used to have to buy new sneakers every 6 months because my job was on my feet all the time and they tore up my shoes, it's kinda weird having shoes that last longer than that now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)