Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

if you had to trade places with your significant other...

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 24 Replies
Who would crack first?

You trade places so SO does your job and you do SO's.

Assuming you both had enough knowledge to handle the others job.

How long do you think you would last? How long would SO last?
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I think the only thing i would be upset about switching places with df would be not spending the time with my kids.

I do not have the knowledge/training to do his job, but i could probably figure most of it out.

I would probably make it 3-4 days of working full time before i got tired of not seeing the kids. I think df would last 1 day as a sahd. He is great with the kids, but he doesn't realize how much i actually do around the house.
brittany208
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I would NOT last, bc he's a construction worker and I'm pregnant!

He could be a substitute teacher. He wouldnt do as good of a job as I do, but he'd be fine.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I would definitely
DH would last longer than me :)

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:51 AM
I don't think i could handle either of those jobs.

I think I'd do a better job as a Construction worker than a substitute teacher though.

Quoting brittany208:

I would NOT last, bc he's a construction worker and I'm pregnant!

He could be a substitute teacher. He wouldnt do as good of a job as I do, but he'd be fine.

katvixenstar
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Haha, that's a really good question! my SO is unemployed right now, and watches the kids when i'm at work. He *might* make a good housekeeper lol. But i go a little cuckoo if i don't have a job (even though i do enjoy being a SAHM). He might crack tho cause my job is pretty repetitive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Depends. If its a weekday im home w the kids so he would def die w them all day long. He can barely handle a few hrs.

If its my nightjob he would crack bc he cant handle taking.care or someone. Im an lna on the geriatric psych unit.

If its my wknd day job hed be fine, but his job is easy so id be fine w it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I can barely keep my house clean. I don't think I'd survive as a housekeeper. Of course if i was getting paid for it that would be a different story.

I worked weekends before i had the baby just to get out of the house one in a while.

Quoting katvixenstar:

Haha, that's a really good question! my SO is unemployed right now, and watches the kids when i'm at work. He *might* make a good housekeeper lol. But i go a little cuckoo if i don't have a job (even though i do enjoy being a SAHM). He might crack tho cause my job is pretty repetitive

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I wouldn't want your night job.

I don't think i could handle all that you do in a week. I'm barely awake all day to take care of my kids.

Quoting lillucky8:

Depends. If its a weekday im home w the kids so he would def die w them all day long. He can barely handle a few hrs.

If its my nightjob he would crack bc he cant handle taking.care or someone. Im an lna on the geriatric psych unit.

If its my wknd day job hed be fine, but his job is easy so id be fine w it lol

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I probably wouldn't last, he does construction and lifts heavy sheets of drywall and steel beams all day.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Who would crack first? I would. I don't have enough patience to deal with the people he deals with on a daily basis.

I'm in school right now, DH would love it!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)