Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

DF's mom still cleans his house - A good thing or a bad thing?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Help!!

I would love some advice and wonder if I'm just making too much of this. I've known my DF for two years now, we've been engaged for 8 months. 

I'm beginning to worry about how much his mother still does for him. His mom goes to his house and does his laundry once a week, cleans his house once or twice a week while he’s at work, and has even prepared meals to leave in his refrigerator for him to heat up. He has never made it seem like he wants a wife to stay home and “tend to the house” but I’m starting to worry that he may expect this because of how much his mother does for him? Am I crazy or do I need to address this before we get married?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loveTHEviking
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I would just talk to him about it :). I don't think you're crazy either, that is a little weird that his mom still does that much stuff for him being he is a grown man.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM

i think he may expect it, or at least not know it yet

othermom
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Talk to him about it

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Sounds like you need to talk with him,
He is a grown adult & should be doing much for himself at this point :)

chattycassie
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I wish I could give you some advise but my mom still does my laundry for me all my kids and my DF. She come over a few times a mo and helps me do a deeper cleaning. :)

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM

You need to talk to him about this.

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I would talk to him about it. If his mother does this he probably expects women to be like that.

conweis
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM
You might want to talk about that before the wedding.
Hi_Rae
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I would talk to him about this before the wedding. I know if  I was you I wouldnt want my soon to be dear hubby expecting me to take over the jobs of mom once we're married.

katvixenstar
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM
You are not crazy. I would definately talk to him before getting hitched about what his expectations are for your roles once you are married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement