Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How do YOU feel about...

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 47 Replies
The addition of the "Anonymous" button to the Mad Life group?

Do you think it will bring the "trolls" and bitchyness sometimes found in other groups with the anon function? Or allow women to ask questions and seek guidance for things they may to to embarrassed to do otherwise? A little of both?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

To be honest I am not that fond of the ANON button. I know that in other groups this give women the opportunity to stir up drama w/o saying who they are. Most time someone does not agree with me they seem to post ANON just so they can be rude and hateful. I hope that the women here will use it the way it was designed.

LindaClement
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I could not care less.

I assume, from the outset, that a great many of the profiles are not really people anyhow: lots of people get together with friends to troll with screen names and profiles (the 'private' profiles make that a whole lot simpler anyhow) ... and lots of people have multiple screen names so they can pretend to be having arguments, or being offended by others, just for the fun of watching people take sides.

Until I meet them in real life, I don't really believe anything anyone says online.

People have spent YEARS living a fake identity online... 

lillucky8
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM
It doesnt bother me. I dont use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Probably both. I think most groups should have it though, there's a lot of people on here too quick to jump on someone for a certain question they asked or statement they've made. It's pretty much cyber bullying.

katvixenstar
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I'm just afraid i'm gonna accidentally select 'post anon' when i'm posting from my phone :P
I've used it before in another group, but i'm not sure this group really needs an 'anon' posting choice. We'll just wait and see what happens i guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Little of both.

brittany208
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. Do we really need to be anon to post about what our Tuesday plans are or if we llike a certain outfit or not? I'm not opposed to it, I just dont really see it as necessary. I guess it depends where they are trying to take the group. It would make for deeper conversation when people can talk about things they wouldnt otherwise. but of course, it can definitely lead to not very nice behavior...

Quoting katvixenstar:

I'm just afraid i'm gonna accidentally select 'post anon' when i'm posting from my phone :P
I've used it before in another group, but i'm not sure this group really needs an 'anon' posting choice. We'll just wait and see what happens i guess.

SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I think maybe it's because some of the featured posts have been so big lately... I never use it, and I am not a fan of it in general.

But it will be interesting to see how it affects the group.
conweis
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I think the bad would out weigh the good. Yes people could be more open but the trolls and bitches would come too.
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I don't use the anon feature. For me, if i wouldn't say it to my friend i went say it to strangers on the internet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)