Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

SAHM

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 40 Replies
My father in law asked me why I didn't do something I told him I didn't have time and he says how? You stay at home doing nothing. You don't work.

Oh this made me so mad! Anyone ever told you that you don't work?? How'd you react?
by on May. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM

No, usually I'm the one who says I do nothing all day. My family and my inlaws are all SUPER pro-SAHM. I'm bored out of my mind and have to beg my DH to let me work a couple days a week off and on!

othermom
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say that chores and stuff are my work

SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Ouch. I would be angry, too.

I'm with PP, I'm usually the one who says I "do nothing". Most people disagree when I say that.

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM
That irritates me when people assume sahms just sit around all day. I'm a sahm too and hardly have time to sit down at all.
jbjb1024
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I'm not a sahm but my maternity leave was hard, I cant imagine doing it everyday. But I do know that sahm have a hard job!
deadlights86
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:48 AM

My uncle said something like that to me on facebook it mad me so freaking mad I blocked him and I refuse to speak to him or my aunt. I was at my kids school for a meeting I was there on time and everyone else at the school was running late and I mentioned it on facebook about how I hate waiting and he said why its not like you have anything else to do go to something productive or something. 

slw123
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

No, but I'd be pretty mad if they did.

Charizma77
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM

No but I would probably go off on them if they did!

Hannahsmommy816
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

no one says that to me but i feel thats what a lot of ppl think

chrissydan
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I have never been openly told that but know people think it I would prob ask them who cleans cooks takes care of the kids and on and on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)