Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Stars and taxes

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM
  • 16 Replies

SO I was reading this article about Lauryn Hill going to prison for tax evasion. It got me thinking, why when you make that much money are you not going to pay taxes. Do they think they are above the law? Are they not the "same" as us and need to pay in. What are your thoughts?

Here is the article so you can see her reasons.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/lauryn-hill-gets-3-months-failing-pay-taxes-212157430.html

by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liveforever
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Im sorry but is she insane?! Shes comparing her fame which made her millions, to her ancestors that were kept as slaves??? Im sure the music business has its issues but cmon!

Whatever her reasoning was, she should have just paid. Everyone has to pay taxes. 

KaylaMillar
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM

interesting

chattycassie
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I agree I for one am glad she has to face up for what she did or did not do in this case.

Quoting liveforever:

Im sorry but is she insane?! Shes comparing her fame which made her millions, to her ancestors that were kept as slaves??? Im sure the music business has its issues but cmon!

Whatever her reasoning was, she should have just paid. Everyone has to pay taxes. 

sukainah
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I agree!

Quoting liveforever:

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Yeah I dont get why they dont pay them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I don't understand this either, they are not above paying taxes just like no other American is.

conweis
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Smh, star-zilla
brittany208
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

she SERIOUSLY played the race card?? and then later in the article it talks about how she was fighting against racism? um... if we are all the same, then she has to pay taxes just like the rest of us! that was completely ridiculous!

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM

They should pay just like the rest of us.

LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Sounds like she's going crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement