Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

In Your Kitchen .. # 1

Posted by   + Show Post

How many windows do you have?

Join us at
Time Out for You

by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Replies (151-155):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM

True,

Not sure why parents don't want the all year round schools
::sigh::

Quoting Basherte:

The thing is that most people can take maybe 2 weeks at a time? Something like that. Where the summer vacation lasts a lot longer than that. My son has about 3 weeks in the summer all at one time that he doesn't have school. Plenty of time for the parents to go on vacation with the kids. And still have time after that vacation to get some rest. LOL

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. oh yes on summer camp people ::shaking head::
You're right on the parents saving money but doubt they see it that way sadly.
Here in Mo it was talked about & then abandoned ..
Too many parents wanted vacations with family
Hard to believe .. actually it would be so great fo so many :)

Quoting Basherte:

Of course, if the parents all got on board with it, the summer camp people would be angry. LOL.

They would no longer be making all that money. Because no one would be going to them, but imagine how much money the parents could save. Imagine the kids not getting bored. How excited they would be for each mini vacation they would have. 
I remember saying "I need a few days off. "  They wouldn't have so many exams all at one time either. They could stagger them. 

Quoting hugss:

I agree how great all year round schools are/would be,
Too many parents complain about it so they win :(
It really is a win win for all ::sigh::

Quoting Basherte:

He's in a special preschool, so it goes year round with more vacations or times off throughout the year. I'm gonna hate it when he goes to a regular school. *giggles* Because of my son going to a school that goes year round, I have seen the benefits from a child doing that. I would like to see all schools do that. 

They would still only be in school for the same amount of time through the year but have longer vacations at times and have other days off throughout. I think it would help with burnout. Would also help with retention. Would also get them more ready, more prepared for the real world. We don't get vacations that last months. (Unless you are a teacher) It would also permit the teachers to only be teachers instead of having to get summer jobs all the time.

Quoting hugss:

I totally agree about not moving until school is over if that is an option,
Or yes like you say when he has to go to a new school.
Just saying it is easier when they are older than older ;)

Quoting Basherte:

He's 4. He's in preschool, and is loving his teacher, and the bus driver, and his therapists. To move in the middle of that, wouldn't be a good thing. I know that it sounds like a lot all at one time, but I would rather wait until he is about to go to a different school, so that instead of getting used to another school, teacher, therapists, and then move to have to do it all over again, to move right before he goes to a different school. 

That way he will only have to get used to a new set of people one time. Until he goes to middle school or something.

Quoting hugss:

Understand,
The younger they are when you move is better than when they are older ;)

Quoting Basherte:

Not right now. 

I don't want my son to have that huge of a change. 

Quoting hugss:

Moving sounds good if that is possible :)

Quoting Basherte:

It'll either get fixed, or we will move. 

Quoting hugss:

LOL on the bugs .. don't blame you at all,
Too bad about the kids though ::sigh::
Hope one day eventually it gets fixed ;)

Quoting Basherte:

It wasn't the adults, it was the kids. So I think I should be able to. 

Can't have the sliding glass door open though cause the screen isn't fixed. It hasn't been right since not long after it was put in. The kids next door broke the screen, and the maintenance man can't seem to get it fixed completely. We have tons of bus where I live, I don't want to help them into my house or hang a wee welcome mat letting them in. *giggles*

Quoting hugss:

I hope you can but understand if not :)

Quoting Basherte:

Not natural light. I tend to keep the curtain closed. Too many people that are nosey around here. Well there were. Now that the neighbors have moved, I might start leaving them open.

Quoting hugss:

Sounds like you get a lot of light though right?

Quoting Basherte:

One window, kinda. It's a sliding glass door and that's it.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I think parents want their kids to be happy to the point that they are willing to give them anything they want. 

Even if it isn't good for them. (in some instances) I think it goes back to either being scared of the kids or scared how other people will see them.

Quoting hugss:

True,

Quoting Basherte:

The thing is that most people can take maybe 2 weeks at a time? Something like that. Where the summer vacation lasts a lot longer than that. My son has about 3 weeks in the summer all at one time that he doesn't have school. Plenty of time for the parents to go on vacation with the kids. And still have time after that vacation to get some rest. LOL

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Of course, if the parents all got on board with it, the summer camp people would be angry. LOL.

They would no longer be making all that money. Because no one would be going to them, but imagine how much money the parents could save. Imagine the kids not getting bored. How excited they would be for each mini vacation they would have. 
I remember saying "I need a few days off. "  They wouldn't have so many exams all at one time either. They could stagger them. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

He's in a special preschool, so it goes year round with more vacations or times off throughout the year. I'm gonna hate it when he goes to a regular school. *giggles* Because of my son going to a school that goes year round, I have seen the benefits from a child doing that. I would like to see all schools do that. 

They would still only be in school for the same amount of time through the year but have longer vacations at times and have other days off throughout. I think it would help with burnout. Would also help with retention. Would also get them more ready, more prepared for the real world. We don't get vacations that last months. (Unless you are a teacher) It would also permit the teachers to only be teachers instead of having to get summer jobs all the time.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

He's 4. He's in preschool, and is loving his teacher, and the bus driver, and his therapists. To move in the middle of that, wouldn't be a good thing. I know that it sounds like a lot all at one time, but I would rather wait until he is about to go to a different school, so that instead of getting used to another school, teacher, therapists, and then move to have to do it all over again, to move right before he goes to a different school. 

That way he will only have to get used to a new set of people one time. Until he goes to middle school or something.

Quoting hugss:

Understand,

Quoting Basherte:

Not right now. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Can't have the sliding glass door open though cause the screen isn't fixed. It hasn't been right since not long after it was put in. The kids next door broke the screen, and the maintenance man can't seem to get it fixed completely. We have tons of bus where I live, I don't want to help them into my house or hang a wee welcome mat letting them in. *giggles*

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Not natural light. I tend to keep the curtain closed. Too many people that are nosey around here. Well there were. Now that the neighbors have moved, I might start leaving them open.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

CafeMom Tickers
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM

You may be right about that,
Also I think change is hard for parents you know ..

Quoting Basherte:

I think parents want their kids to be happy to the point that they are willing to give them anything they want. 

Even if it isn't good for them. (in some instances) I think it goes back to either being scared of the kids or scared how other people will see them.

Quoting hugss:

True,

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Understand,

Quoting Basherte:

Not right now. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Change is hard for everyone. I understand it. To a point.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

True,

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Understand,

Quoting Basherte:

Not right now. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

CafeMom Tickers
hugss

by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Yes I know  . .sad but that's how it is

Quoting Basherte:

Change is hard for everyone. I understand it. To a point.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

True,

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Understand,

Quoting Basherte:

Not right now. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement