Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Mothers day gifts

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 19 Replies

I saw this article on yahoo about the gifts NOT to buy your mom this year. I find this tacky myself gifts should be given out of love and accepted the same way. Here is the article http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/worst-mother-s-day-gifts-to-avoid-this-year-190432271.html

What do you think is there a gift you would not want?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hi_Rae
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I dont know what this list is talking about I would more than happy with an inflatable zebra! LOL. But really, I would be happy with any gift I recieved, my dh has some common sense so I dont think I'll ever get anything really awful
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM

LOL my oldest daughter would flip if I got an inflatable zebra, she would want it for her room. :) I am the same anything I get I am happy I know it came from their little tiny hearts.

Quoting Hi_Rae:

I dont know what this list is talking about I would more than happy with an inflatable zebra! LOL. But really, I would be happy with any gift I recieved, my dh has some common sense so I dont think I'll ever get anything really awful

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I would be happy if we could afford for df/dd to get me any type of a mother's day gift this year but that's not the case. I'm not very materialistic though so I don't really mind.

annelauer
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I haven't ever received anything for mother's day. I'll be thrilled if anyone remembers.
brittany208
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

other than the zebra, i thought this article was way off base.

the only things I would really hate for mothers day: something waaaay to expensive that we couldn't afford, the comment that "well you aren't MY mother, so i dont need to do anything" or something just really weird and out there that shows NO thought.

brittany208
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I doubt DH is buying me anything this year. we could afford something, but gifts arent important to me. Id rather spend the money on something else. My anniversary gift was a little thing of chocolates and it was perfect! (we did go out too, but that was what i got gift-wise) 

Quoting k9l1c5:

I would be happy if we could afford for df/dd to get me any type of a mother's day gift this year but that's not the case. I'm not very materialistic though so I don't really mind.

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Whatever I get as a gift is good enough for me. It's the thought that counts.

meam4444
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM

haha I need to forward this on to my husband

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I wouldnt want a home foot bath .
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I am getting The Facts of Life on DVD from DF for mother's day.  We are giving his mom a photo book of the new baby.  

I also get the weekend to just me and baby.  DF is taking DS to our summer house to spend the weekend with his parents.  

The only gift I don't want is no gift.  I'd even be okay with a handwritten note that just says "happy Mothers day!"  I didn't get a gift when I was pregnant with out first but DF told me how his friend got his wife a necklace from their unborn baby.  We argued about that for a few weeks after.  He swears he got me something, but he didn't.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN