Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

An unspoken rule

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
Well dh is sick poor guy.

So I felt the need to let him sit back relax and just veg no chores or watching 9 month old dd. Then I got to thinking wait a min when im sick I still do everything my life doesn't stop no one lets ke relax then another thought occured to me when he works on a project I do the same thing but i. Still take care of things I

When the hell did this unspoken rule that no matter what the women cares for the kids? Don't get me wrong my dh is awsome couldnt ask for a better partner, and father for my child I. Am just amazed how much he doesn't realize. I do without a thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I don't know, but my husband is very thoughtful in those situations. Even if I just need a nap after a super busy day, I don't even have to ask. He automatically watches the kids when he gets in and will even bring in dinner on his way in from the office.

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I think a LOT of men don't realize all we do for them w/o a second thought. :) I am blessed for the most part my s/o is always got my back and helps me when needed. Sick just not feeling like it ect.  :)

conweis
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:22 PM

He helps out. He took off work when I ended up with the flu.

Janet
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I hear ya!
katvixenstar
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

i know the feeling, believe me!!

CatFishMom
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Sorry. :-( My husband stays home from work if Im so sick I cant take care of the kids. The projects, though, Im on board with. It drives me crazy that if Im doing something-anything-I always have to stop what Im doing but he doesnt. And I couldnt ask for a better partner, either! Hes awesome, but boy does that frustrate me.

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM

When DF gets sick his world stops.  If he is sick enough to stay home from work then he stays in bed most of the day.  Of course he doesn't take off work for just anything.  One week DS got a stomach bug and then of course DF and I both got it the same day.  I laid in my bed with the baby and slept and he was forced to take care of DS.  I think we both slept about 18 hours that day.

I usually am responsible for the kids still because unless I am deathly ill and in the hospital he needs to be at work.  It frusterates me a lot at times, but if he takes sick days when I'm sick I'd have to work.  If he goes in then I can stay at home with the kids full time.

liveforever
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh is too. I'm lucky. The only thing that stinks is I still have to get dd to and from school.

Quoting GypsiSky:

I don't know, but my husband is very thoughtful in those situations. Even if I just need a nap after a super busy day, I don't even have to ask. He automatically watches the kids when he gets in and will even bring in dinner on his way in from the office.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM

My fav is when you cook you still do the dishes but when they cook they expect you to still do them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement