Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

most disturbing news I've heard in a VERY long time

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 15 Replies
UTICA, N.Y. (WKTV) - Authorities are continuing to search for a missing nine month old baby in the City of Utica, a baby whose father, police say, didn't report missing for two weeks.
At a press conference held Wednesday morning, police said nine month old Levon Wameling was last seen on the doorstep of his home at 748 Jay Street in East Utica wearing a diaper, according to the child's father. 
Police say the father, Jevon Wameling, 27, was confronted by the child's grandmother regarding the baby's disappearance and the grandparents then went directly to the Oneida County District Attorney's Office.
Wameling is not currently being charged, but police say he is being questioned.
Police say the Levon's mother checked into rehab for drug use around the time of the disappearance. 
Utica Police along with New York State Police canine units have been searching the area around the 748 Jay Street apartment where the Wameling family lived, even using posters in hopes of finding baby Levon.
"Right now our goal is to find the kid," said Utica Police Chief Mark Williams.
Jevon Wameling tells police that he isn't sure what happened to his child."He had a difficult time getting into his residence," said Sgt. Steve Hauck of what Jevon told police. "He left the child on the front steps and went around to the back of the house and when he went to get the child the child was gone.

"Police are not currently treating Jevon as a suspect, but they do admit his story doesn't add up."I can't say exactly what went on during the interview, but suffice it to say that there is essentially no explanation for why you wouldn't report a child missing after two weeks," Sgt. Hauck said.
Many outside services have been called to aid in the investigation such as Child Protective Services and the National Center for Missing Children.
Police say they will continue searching day and night until baby Levon is found.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM

: (

Janet
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM
This kind of reminds me of the Casey Anthony story.
Ilovemybbgrl
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM
:( very sad
Hi_Rae
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM
This was the first thing that I thought when I read the story.

Quoting Janet:

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:38 AM

That's what I was thinking

Quoting Janet:

momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Quoting Janet:

I was thinking the same thing

liveforever
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:53 AM
The father isn't a suspect? Really? So sad.
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Such a sad story... I pray they find that baby alive.

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM

This

Quoting GypsiSky:

Such a sad story... I pray they find that baby alive.

critter_boo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM
So so sad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)