Scrumptious Crock-Pot Pizza Casserole Recipeby Nicole Fabian-Weber 1 hour ago in Food & Party
Is there anything easier than making dinner in theCrock-Pot? The simplicity of throwing everything into one big bowl. The letting it cook on its own. The clean up -- ah, the glorious clean up of one pot and one pot only. But sometimes you crave something that can't be made in a Crock-Pot-- wait, there's nothing that can't be made in a Crock-Pot! Readers and food enthusiasts. I present to you: Pizza Casserole in the Crock-Pot.
That's right, I went there.
- 1 Box (16 oz) Spiral Pasta (uncooked but rinsed)
- 1 pound lean ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 32 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Spray a Large Crock-Pot (6qt or larger) with non-stick spray
2. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef or chicken or turkey with the onion, garlic, pepperoni and green bell pepper. Drain any excess fat.
3. Rinse pasta and place in the Crock-Pot with drained ground meat mix. Stir. Pour pasta sauce and 1 cup water over noodle mix.
4. Top with shredded mozzarella.
5. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (no not lift the lid).