Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Should Your Husband Love You More?

Posted by   + Show Post

There's an old adage that the secret to a happy, long-lasting marriage is to have the man be just a little more head-over-heels for the woman than she is for him. Could this be true? Andrew brings his own wife, Amy Robach, on the show to get to the bottom of this.

Should your husband love you more?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM

By reading it...I was a against it, but after hearing the conversation....I am agreement. Men should love us a little more !

I think women have more invested, so the man should focus on more love for the wife. :)

Bob192
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Hmm. Never thought about this..I think both have different ways of showing it.  At different times it may look as if one loves more.

SlightlyPerfect
Some people are nothing more than examples of what _not_ to be; they're breathing testimonies of what mediocrity and worthlessness can produce.
Tuesday at 7:37 PM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM

OMG. You can't quantify love.

slightlyperfect

lalalamama
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Maybe because men need to be madly in love to resist temptation and women find it easier to stay focused on the family? IDK. Dh loves me a lot, this I know for sure, but I'm still crazy in love with him (26 yrs married).
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM

i've never honestly thought about it. and I couldn't tell you who loves the other more in my relationship. it's working out, 7 years and counting, so I guess we are doing something right so far.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I think this is silly.  Marriage is not 50/50 or 60/40 or any such fraction.  It has to be 100/100.  Each person will have times when they are worn, and frazzled, or sick, or tired, but each person needs to give all they have every day if they want to have a successful relationship.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Yes, it would be nice if the husband would love the woman more.  I wish my husband loved me more.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I agree! :-)

Quoting chattycassie:

I agree with this video, although love should be mostly equal if the man loves you a bit more. He is always chasing after you. If he is not chasing you then you are chasing him. I don't want to be chasing my man like him to chase me. :)

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL...that's awesome actually!

Quoting goddess99:

My dh tells me all the time he loves me more and say no I love you more but then he looks me in the eyes and say No I Love You More. So good lol as it should be.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:37 AM

That's awesome!

Quoting lalalamama:

Maybe because men need to be madly in love to resist temptation and women find it easier to stay focused on the family? IDK. Dh loves me a lot, this I know for sure, but I'm still crazy in love with him (26 yrs married).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)