Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Should Your Husband Love You More?

Posted by   + Show Post

There's an old adage that the secret to a happy, long-lasting marriage is to have the man be just a little more head-over-heels for the woman than she is for him. Could this be true? Andrew brings his own wife, Amy Robach, on the show to get to the bottom of this.

Should your husband love you more?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I agree that the husband should love the wife more. 

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

love this!! 

Quoting goddess99:

My dh tells me all the time he loves me more and say no I love you more but then he looks me in the eyes and say No I Love You More. So good lol as it should be.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I hope things get better for you.

Quoting Ambear72:

My husband is head over hills in love with me.  I cant say the same thing about him.  I do love him, but not as much as he loves me.  Im not complaining at all.  But there are time I wish I could return the same amount of love.

LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Interesting, I've never really thought about it before.

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I'm not married, but I think it should be equal.

Samanthamommy
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Interesting standpoint

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Only when I do really nice things for him, then he better love me more :)

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I agree. Keeping score is a recipe for disaster. If both people are doing their best to love the other person with all they have then both people will in turn feel loved and all will be well.
Quoting brittany208:

Each person should love the other with all they have. They shouldnt keep score of how loves the other more. They should ask themselves "am i loving the other person with all I've got?"

Because what happens if you realize you are the one that loves more? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. And saying that he if he loves you a teeny bit less means he's going to cheat is silly. like he's right on the brink...  dont think so.

but.... my DH does love me a teeny bit more.

Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I think so.  At least a little bit.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Women are usually more expressive in their emotions. So if man and woman love each other equally it could look like the man is not as "loving" In a way a man should love a woman more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)