Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are You In In-Law Hell?

Posted by   + Show Post

Not everyone is as lucky as Andrew to have such a wonderful mother-in-law! Mary Fischer, Staff Writer at The Stir, shares her in-law woes and gets some fantastic advice from Joanie we can ALL use.

Are You In In-Law Hell?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
4kidz916
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

That's an excellent attitude to have.  

Quoting dusky_rose:

I live with my FIL and he can be an old grouch, doesn't edit his words around the kid, should bathe more, but I understand why my DH wants him to live with us. There are good sides and bad sides to every story. He has bonded with his grandson, we are close to help him with his health issues and he helps us with the bills. If you focus on the negative, that's what you will take away from the situation, so I am trying to focus on what is positive.

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Thanks, I figure life is what we make of it and if we are just focusing on the negative, then we are just having a big pity party and not enjoying the good things in life.

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting dusky_rose:

I live with my FIL and he can be an old grouch, doesn't edit his words around the kid, should bathe more, but I understand why my DH wants him to live with us. There are good sides and bad sides to every story. He has bonded with his grandson, we are close to help him with his health issues and he helps us with the bills. If you focus on the negative, that's what you will take away from the situation, so I am trying to focus on what is positive.

4kidz916
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for reminding me of this...I really needed it today!

Quoting dusky_rose:

Thanks, I figure life is what we make of it and if we are just focusing on the negative, then we are just having a big pity party and not enjoying the good things in life.

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting dusky_rose:

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

You are welcome. I hope that things get better for you. Hugs!

Quoting 4kidz916:

Thanks for reminding me of this...I really needed it today!

Quoting dusky_rose:

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting dusky_rose:

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

no we get along great 

HamBergerMama
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I have a great MIL! My FIL is a good guy, but has his quirks =P I have been pretty blessed on the whole!
goddess99
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM
No, I've never met my in-law. So I'm good =)
chattycassie
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I have some pretty good future in laws ( I am engaged) My ex's family OMG in=laws from hell. His mom would come to our house and "clean" (I guess I was filthy)and move stuff around take down wall hangings curtains and put up what SHE wanted in my home.... Grr I am so glad I don;t have to deal with her anymore/

conweis
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I don't care for my future in laws and vice versa. I am not rude but I won't compromise. Good thing my SO backs me up and his parents don't really associate with us anymore.
la1118
by Laura on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM
My in laws really do a lot for us and I am grateful for that. However, my MIL tends to criticize me behind my back. I try to ignore most of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)