Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are You In In-Law Hell?

Posted by   + Show Post

Not everyone is as lucky as Andrew to have such a wonderful mother-in-law! Mary Fischer, Staff Writer at The Stir, shares her in-law woes and gets some fantastic advice from Joanie we can ALL use.

Are You In In-Law Hell?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bob192
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I get along with mine well!

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I'm thankful mine are pretty good! :)

raven1114
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:37 AM
No I get along pretty well with all of mine.
MomTiara19
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM
My inlaw relationship is very strained but at least polite.The tension almost caused my dh and I to divorce.In my dreams my inlaws and I could have a good relationship.I just have to take things as they are and focus on my dh and kids...thats what matters.
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM

It was bad in the beginning.M mil spoiled my dh. Actually babied him. But after a couple of years it got better. Now that she is gone I miss her.

chrissydan
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I for the most part get along with my inlaws there are tijes we don't but thats life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I like my MIL. Not my FIL. He does't know it though. I don't show it.

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I get along with my inlaws okay. I am thankful they live a few hundred miles away though,  Our relationship would be totally different if we lived closer and saw them more often 

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM

There are a lot of things we don't see eye to eye with my mother in law. Thankfully she lives 400 miles away and we only see her a few times a year. It makes a relationship much better than if we lived close 

Quoting LoriAnn87:

I can't stand my mil we don't get along and we don't see eye to eye on many things.

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM

We don't even talk to my FIL. He lives 10 minutes and hasn't seen DD since she was a baby and she is almost 5 now. This was a decision made by DH though not me. 

Quoting Janet:

I like my MIL. Not my FIL. He does't know it though. I don't show it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)