Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are You In In-Law Hell?

Posted by   + Show Post

Not everyone is as lucky as Andrew to have such a wonderful mother-in-law! Mary Fischer, Staff Writer at The Stir, shares her in-law woes and gets some fantastic advice from Joanie we can ALL use.

Are You In In-Law Hell?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Replies (61-64):
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

He's happy about it.  The two of them get along too.  They just couldn't get along being married for whatever reason.  I say they didn't try hard enough but I guess that is none of my business.  lol  They have a child together and they split time with her equally and have a pretty good relationship...thank goodness because it's good for my granddaughter to see her parents being ok with each other. 

Quoting CAKEC:

and how does your son feel about you being so close to the woman he is no longer married to?

Quoting louannwilkins:

I always got along very well with my inlaws.  I get along with my dil too.  She and my son are divorced and we still see each other 4 or 5 times a week and hang out together.  I love her.  She's like a daughter to me.

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Mine are okay.  Not the greatest, but not the worst.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

It's very strained....

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM

My in laws aren't bad, but I'm the polar opposite of my MIL which can make things hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)