Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Wisdom to Handle Curveballs

Posted by   + Show Post

It seems like Life tosses curveballs my way all at once. Oh, dang, let's be honest: toss is a kind verb to use. It's more like Life pelts me, really hard, with those out-of-the-blue, not-so-great situations. I can be sailing along in some nice bits of calm waters and then, all of a sudden, there will be wave after wave after tidal wave of Icky Life Stuff.

What's a mom to do when this happens? She turns to Pinterest, of course. Whoa, Heather's gone off the deep end is what you are saying right about now, eh? Pinterest? Really? Yup. I head over to Pinterest and read some of those fabulous, inspiring words that others put up in cool fonts and uber-jazzy typography. I pour myself a glass of wine and absorb them and let the wisdom of others (usually the quite sage Anonymous) seep in and boost me up to tackle the whammies of Life. A few of my favorites at the moment?  

I am a worrier, a mega-worrier and the visual of this kicks me into do something mode when I need it.

This is such a great metaphor to keep you going, especially with that "pulling me back" sensation that curveballs often have.

This is what gets me every time: expectations. It is what sometimes makes those curveballs even worse as they alter what we thought was supposed to happen. When I finally get over focusing on that, everything turns out much better.

This is just so true. Sure, a good cry makes you feel a little better, but the situation is still there even after you've emptied the tissue box.

I tell this to my kiddo all of the time...it's simple, yet so hard to remember in the moments when you are down.

Do you have a quote or phrase that helps you when Life gets wonko? Are you on Pinterest? Do you love inspiration from there?

©iStockphoto.com/ marekuliasz

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:49 PM

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:50 PM

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:54 PM

SlepinBeautyMom
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM

sadly i know all about having the world turn up side down! but theses are great sayings and pintrest has a lot of them. i have gotten on a couple times to find things to send to people :)

SlepinBeautyMom
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:36 AM

i like that one!

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Lol yesterday I posted one lol 

It's not about waiting for the storm to pass

its about learning to dance in the rain

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I love Pinterest and love reading the quotes!  One of my favorite "quotes" is actually from a song.  "Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN