Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are Men Losing Ground?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 52 Replies

With women taking up the majority of the workforce and household income, how are men handling their changing roles in society?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I think things have been like this many times in the past... in fact, the period of time when women were not actively involved in the economics of family life was extremely brief and extremely localized.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I think we are seeing a time where women are far more vocal and secure in themselves and their roles in society, which is why it seems like men may be losing ground.  From personal experience, it seems like men do not know what their role is in society anymore BECAUSE women have become so much more empowered. 

slw123
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think they are losing ground at all.  There are way more opportunities for employment for everyone, than there used to be.  Plus there are a lot of women that either have to work or WANT to work.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM
They handle it well.
Not all women want equality, some want to put men below them and it's sick!
annelauer
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM
They still make more than women. Women are more educated but still strongly discriminated against because society views children as their primary responsibility and assumes that parenting will get in the way of their job responsibilities.
goddess99
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I think alot of american men are just lazy bums, not all but many. I am definitely raising my dd to be independent, and able to Fully take care of herself.

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM
No, I don't think so at all.
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I think the roles have been changing for awhile. people wander why guys arent stand up guys anymore? i think his whole role confusion thing is a part of it.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM

No, I think a lot of people in general are lazy and the includes men. I think society is changing and maybe the appearance of equal makes people think men are losing ground.

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM

my dh works, I stay home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)