Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do You Handle Life’s Curveballs?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 56 Replies

Kirk Smith is a Stand-Up Comic and father to a 14-year-old son with Autism. Autism is just one of the unexpected curveballs parents can be dealt. 

How Do You Handle Life's Curveballs?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

First off:

There is no disagreement about the autism-vaccine link: the doctor who invented the data to support his fictional theory has been completely discredited.

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Otherwise, I'm a resilient person. I deal with what happens pretty much the same way I deal with practically everything else: from the hip, as it comes.

goddess99
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Great clip!

I handle things, full steam ahead.

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My 12 year old is autistic but I don't look at him as a "curveball". He's my biggest blessing... I carry a lot of stress though, just worrying so much for him and his future.

I handle things probably much better than most but I'm just naturally a worry wart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Life has lots of curveballs.  I guess I handle them by talking to friends or family and praying.  Talking to God always seems to make things easier to handle   :)

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Support from loved ones help me get through hard times.
Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I heard the same thing recently, but still see people citing vaccines as the cause. I don't get it.

Quoting LindaClement:

First off:

There is no disagreement about the autism-vaccine link: the doctor who invented the data to support his fictional theory has been completely discredited.

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I talk to my cafemom and fb friends.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM

DEaling with them as best as we can :)

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Considering how long behaviourism has persisted after being discredited before the first research was published... I'm not going to pretend I'm surprised at the lack of uptake for new information...

Quoting Barabell:

I heard the same thing recently, but still see people citing vaccines as the cause. I don't get it.

Quoting LindaClement:

First off:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN