Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do You Handle Life’s Curveballs?

Posted by   + Show Post

Kirk Smith is a Stand-Up Comic and father to a 14-year-old son with Autism. Autism is just one of the unexpected curveballs parents can be dealt. 

How Do You Handle Life's Curveballs?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Replies (51-56):
TinaNicu
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I deal with it one day at a time and one issue at a time. Sometimes you have to prioritize the curveballs. You have to accept and seek out support so you don't burn out. Take time for yourself to recharge! This guy has a good handle on it. And prayer helps me too. I have two with autism, am going thru cancer treatments and will have at least 5 surgeries this year. Curve balls keep coming and I keep swinging.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I try to find the positive things in my life and be thankful for that. I also think laughter can get you through a lot of hard times :)

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I take it one day at a time, that is really all I can do.  =-)

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I just don't deal with drama.. otherwise can just handle things

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Looking to God and putting my faith in His plan.
supercarp
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I take things in stride. I deal with what I can now, and anything more difficult I will ponder for a while before I attempt. I don't shoot from the hip and I try to take as much into account as I can before I react. I had a child born with a significant birth defect and I have a niece with whom I am close who has cerebral palsey. It happens. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN