Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Why Is Smell So Important?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 58 Replies

Women have a more developed sense of smell than men. How much can smell turn you on…or off? Check out what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck have to say

Why Is Smell So Important?

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I like the kinds of smells that remind me if things or someone...apples, pumpkin pie and cinnamon in the Fall, that newborn baby smell...theres a kind of comfort in that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I think it's possible that women in our culture, currently, may have a higher value on their sense of smell than many men feel the need for.

Sensory acuity is often as much a result of practice, attention and training as it is the physical ability to smell.

aidensmomma508
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Hmm it says I can't watch it on my iPad 

but smell can save our life, if something smells bad you won't eat it I guess.  If a guy smells good maybe you would be attracted and have babies 

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I love to smell the scent of fresh cut grass,baby powder,lilacs. The smell of a rain storm. Of course there are bad smells. 

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM

LOL  Well....my son use to tell me that I only bought certain cleaning supplies because of the way they smell.  lol  Smell is important....I constantly burn candles, buy nice scented lotions, perfume etc....It makes me feel better to smell something nice. 

othermom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Smell can let you know many things and help to save your life in some situations

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Smell can definitely trigger different feelings and different memories.

lalasmama2007
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM

It says the video is not compatible with my device (iPad).

interesting that women have a more developed sense of smell.  I always tell my SO that he's hard of smelling. lol

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I agree

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Smell can definitely trigger different feelings and different memories.

Vertical15
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I can't see the video but sense of smell is very important because it causes our other senses to react including emotions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN