Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Wisdom to My Younger Me

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

It is kind of fun to play these games. Let say you were walking along a street and bumped into a younger version of yourself, at an age when you were just starting out in this life, back, possibly before you were married, before those kiddos came along. Aside from giving her a huge hug and envying her younger, pre-kiddo body and energy, what would you tell her?  

It's interesting to think about what I would want to know back then. Would I want to know details - like which guys didn't work out, what I spent waaaayyyy too much money, time and energy on that wasn't worth it, to pay attention to XYZ versus ABC? Would I want to not know? Would I foolishly not believe my older self?

I think I would try to tell her to not waste time. To read more, because lordylordandtaylor, when Kiddo comes along, I won't have as much time. I'd encourage her to smile more, worry less and save more money. To trust herself and remember that people are just people and not to be intimidated by them. I'd tell her to walk more and run less...as her knees aren't the greatest.

The main thing I would tell her -- to get up and out and live more than I did. To not be afraid. To embrace life.

PS My good buddy and fellow writer Aidan asked this question of her readers over on her blog Ivy League Insecurities and followers a few months ago...they had some great input on this too.

What would you tell your 25-year-old self?

©iStockphoto.com/ marekuliasz

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Pay more attention to finances.....

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Enjoy life. Not that I didn't do it then, but it's still good advice.

katvixenstar
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

this. when you foolishly think you and your sweetie are making good money and don't save much, then Bam! stuff happens that was unforseen.

Quoting MichelleK41:

Pay more attention to finances.....

jbjb1024
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I wouldn't tell myself anything. I'm 27 lol
4kidz916
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM

To save more, love more, and spend a whole lot more time with my kids and less time worrying about what everyone else thinks. 

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I'd tell myself to not work so hard on the veggie gardening and more time on playing with the children.

Rushn311
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM

To quit smoking NOW

aidensmomma508
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Probably to have more fun while I could as in traveling and stuff.  And go to college

ceciliam
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I really don't know.

sanj1213
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Hmm good question...I don't know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN