Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Wisdom to My Younger Me

Posted by   + Show Post

It is kind of fun to play these games. Let say you were walking along a street and bumped into a younger version of yourself, at an age when you were just starting out in this life, back, possibly before you were married, before those kiddos came along. Aside from giving her a huge hug and envying her younger, pre-kiddo body and energy, what would you tell her?  

It's interesting to think about what I would want to know back then. Would I want to know details - like which guys didn't work out, what I spent waaaayyyy too much money, time and energy on that wasn't worth it, to pay attention to XYZ versus ABC? Would I want to not know? Would I foolishly not believe my older self?

I think I would try to tell her to not waste time. To read more, because lordylordandtaylor, when Kiddo comes along, I won't have as much time. I'd encourage her to smile more, worry less and save more money. To trust herself and remember that people are just people and not to be intimidated by them. I'd tell her to walk more and run less...as her knees aren't the greatest.

The main thing I would tell her -- to get up and out and live more than I did. To not be afraid. To embrace life.

PS My good buddy and fellow writer Aidan asked this question of her readers over on her blog Ivy League Insecurities and followers a few months ago...they had some great input on this too.

What would you tell your 25-year-old self?

©iStockphoto.com/ marekuliasz

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-54):
TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Love this!

Quoting 4kidz916:

To save more, love more, and spend a whole lot more time with my kids and less time worrying about what everyone else thinks. 

Myspace Comments

EthansMomma2010
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM

why not do it all? i got married at 19. finished my associates and it's my choice that i'm not going back for bachelors right now. i have a 3 yr old. and i'm 23. i'm glad i did it young.

Quoting copperswifey:

To finish college and not get married so young! :)

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:45 PM

That is awesome!! You should be very proud of your accomplishments. I'm sure it wasn't easy but you did it!! :)

My first marriage wasn't great so I wish I would have waited. We changed so much over the years. :)

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

why not do it all? i got married at 19. finished my associates and it's my choice that i'm not going back for bachelors right now. i have a 3 yr old. and i'm 23. i'm glad i did it young.

Quoting copperswifey:

To finish college and not get married so young! :)

Jerichos_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Do not hook up with John
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)