Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Stupid things our parents did

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 29 Replies

What are some stupid things your parents let you do that you would never let your child do?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM

nothing. they were very protective. i will be LESS protective of my kids. of course, im a girl (obviously lol), but I have boys. but still.

LOVE_mygirls58
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Letting me sleep over at my boyfriends and letting my boyfriend sleep over at our house...and we got pregnant in HS haha

my girls we never have any boyfriend in their room alone and at night lol

katvixenstar
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM

being way too overprotective. i was the oldest, and while everyone younger than me did pretty much whatever, i didn't get to do squat. 

i try not to do that to my daughter, but some things are different from when they were when i was growing up too...

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM

not being to protective over me letting sister raise me more so I was the wild child ,,, I am let DD do what she wants but I still watch and raise her 

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Play unsupervised by the ocean, at 6, 7, 8...

timon95
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

nothing

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Wander the neighborhood.  It wasn't stupid then, I was always with friends, and we didn't live next to a highway.

aidensmomma508
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Ya times are different now but we would play outside all the time not really supervised

liveforever
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM
My parents let me do the same. Thankfully we were very careful and there were no babies for us(that would have been a nightmare with him!) There's no way in hell dd will be doing that!

Quoting LOVE_mygirls58:

Letting me sleep over at my boyfriends and letting my boyfriend sleep over at our house...and we got pregnant in HS haha

my girls we never have any boyfriend in their room alone and at night lol

liveforever
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I was allowed to walk to school in 1st grade with just my friend, who was in 2nd grade. It was a good 20 min walk down some busy main roads. Looking back I can't believe my mom ever let me do that!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)