Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you like camping?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 54 Replies

Do you like camping? Do you go camping very often?

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM

When I was a kid, my family of 5 would camp squished all in one tent in sleeping bags on cold, rocky ground. I did NOT like it at all.

Then, DH and I stayed in a tent on an air mattress and it was completely different! feels so wrong, like cheating, but sure beats having rocks in your back!

othermom
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I love camping, we just went a few days ago. It had been a long time though and I had forgotten how hard the ground was. We are buying a few air matresses before we go again. It was a blast the day we went up, hiking, and just spending time together

brittany208
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I think the ground gets harder the older you get too. I'm only 27 and yeah... not appealing

Quoting othermom:

I love camping, we just went a few days ago. It had been a long time though and I had forgotten how hard the ground was. We are buying a few air matresses before we go again. It was a blast the day we went up, hiking, and just spending time together

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM

No.  I'm not a fan.

othermom
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I agree it does get harder. I am 29, but it had been 9 years since I had been camping so I had forgotten just how bad it was

Quoting brittany208:

I think the ground gets harder the older you get too. I'm only 27 and yeah... not appealing

Quoting othermom:

kattcooper
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I am not a fan of camping!! I used to have to go when I was younger and hated every minute of it and we were in a travel trailer!
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM

you werent even roughing it then!

i dont think i could go camping without bathroom facilities and a clean place to wash my hands and put in my contacts. i think thats #1 for me. oh, and no bears.

Quoting kattcooper:

I am not a fan of camping!! I used to have to go when I was younger and hated every minute of it and we were in a travel trailer!

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM
We had a travel trailer and went often! Now the older two refuse to go so we want to get another for just Dh, DS and myself.

Love love love camping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:28 PM

No, unless it's in a trailor or RV or something LOL.  I don't like bugs.

jbjb1024
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM
My idea of camping is a trailer with a bed, plumbing, heat/air, stove/microwave and electric
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)