Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How do we prepare our kids for dating?

Posted by   + Show Post

Chuck is making sure his daughter doesn't start dating without knowing 3 simple rules.

How do we prepare our kids for dating?

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Replies (51-58):
Charizma77
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Good points, Chuck

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I also agree with ChucK. I would also tell her to respect herself enough not to give into temptation.
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM
How great of you to give her that confidence and independence. I remember being on a date with a jerk and I had no money to ball myself out.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I like his rules but I'm not as strict about the no texting.  Kids these days only seem to know how to communicate online or by text.  I also taught my oldest daughter that the guy should pay if he asks you out but I also told her that if she got on the date and didn't like the direction it was heading (ie, he gave off the vibe that he may expect something in return since he was treating her) then she should be prepared to say that's ok, I've got my check.  

michiganmom116
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 8:05 AM

We talk.  a LOT

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:37 AM

oh geez, I don't want to think about it!

He's right, tho

3mom627
by on Aug. 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I wish it were that simple. Regretfully, my two DD's fall for anyone.  We have paid for their boys admission to parks.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Nikarleen
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:45 AM
I am as open, honest, & as real with my 3 boys as I can at each age level...hope to spear them pain I went through...trying to prepare them with knowledge & respect for all parties...my 11 yr old son just got his heart broken fm his 1 st girlfriend & it's not easy to make him feel better...can't forget experience !!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:43 AM

No dating until 18 is the one and only rule we had.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)