Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How did Andrew know Amy was ‘the one'?

Posted by   + Show Post

Andrew's head-over-heels in love with his wife Amy Robach. How did he know she was the woman he'd been looking for?

How did Andrew know Amy was 'the one' ?

by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Replies (21-30):
GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Just because someone pretends to be a "challenge" doesn't mean he/she is "the one." It may stimulate interest, but it is not sustainable. And, quite frankly, I think it's a pretty superficial game. It's fun, maybe, but it can become tedious, tiresome, and bland after a very short time.

Someone who challenges your very life's philosophy--your interests, your values, your very epistemology--is the substance for the momentum that keeps the relationship going.

I agree that playing games isn't good. I never did that w my dh, it doesn't seem fair.

But I disagree that you need to challenge your SOs interests & values to keep a relationship going. My dh  & I have the same values, neither of us could be in a relationship w someone who didn't mostly agree w our values. We also at least support the others interests, even if we don't like it ourselves.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I agree she played hard to get. She kept him intrigued :)

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Awe!! 

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I think you just know when you know 

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM

i agree

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Just because someone pretends to be a "challenge" doesn't mean he/she is "the one." It may stimulate interest, but it is not sustainable. And, quite frankly, I think it's a pretty superficial game. It's fun, maybe, but it can become tedious, tiresome, and bland after a very short time.

Someone who challenges your very life's philosophy--your interests, your values, your very epistemology--is the substance for the momentum that keeps the relationship going.

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Very interesting video. =)

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I think the story is really sweet really a treat to Hear a mans perspective.

Love is such a gift and it touches us in ways that shape who we are. Who are we to judge how it came to him? Personally I think that waiting to text back is not a head game in the least... I would have done the same. No woman or man wants to come off too eager for ones attention at first.

What is Chuck sorry? What about Joans?
sukainah
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM

She challenged him!  What a sweet video.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I agree

Quoting chattycassie:

Sometimes you just know. Nice to see they are still happy.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I agree with you

Quoting copperswifey:

I agree she played hard to get. She kept him intrigued :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)