Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How did Andrew know Amy was ‘the one'?

Posted by   + Show Post

Andrew's head-over-heels in love with his wife Amy Robach. How did he know she was the woman he'd been looking for?

How did Andrew know Amy was 'the one' ?

by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Replies (41-50):
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Sounds like a wasted 2 hours to me, lol.

Quoting arpazia:

Oh, I like you!
Lol!!

Quoting LindaClement:

'purposely didn't answer for 2 hours'?

What's that for? 

Head games.

Is that respectful?

Hardly.

aneela
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM

so happy they found each other :)

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

You know when you know...

4kidz916
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Cute!

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Just because someone pretends to be a "challenge" doesn't mean he/she is "the one." It may stimulate interest, but it is not sustainable. And, quite frankly, I think it's a pretty superficial game. It's fun, maybe, but it can become tedious, tiresome, and bland after a very short time.

Someone who challenges your very life's philosophy--your interests, your values, your very epistemology--is the substance for the momentum that keeps the relationship going.

I agree

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM

He felt that he had to work to get her.

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Exactly!

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Just because someone pretends to be a "challenge" doesn't mean he/she is "the one." It may stimulate interest, but it is not sustainable. And, quite frankly, I think it's a pretty superficial game. It's fun, maybe, but it can become tedious, tiresome, and bland after a very short time.

Someone who challenges your very life's philosophy--your interests, your values, your very epistemology--is the substance for the momentum that keeps the relationship going.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM
He knew in his heart
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Very well said.  DH and I also have the same values and his intersts have become my interests and vice-a-versa at least to the extent that we support the others interests and show them we care about what interests them.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I agree that playing games isn't good. I never did that w my dh, it doesn't seem fair.

But I disagree that you need to challenge your SOs interests & values to keep a relationship going. My dh  & I have the same values, neither of us could be in a relationship w someone who didn't mostly agree w our values. We also at least support the others interests, even if we don't like it ourselves.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I do think that when you are in love you can see the other person glow.  That is great that he said that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)