Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Is it too late to have a wedding?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am a happily married mom. 

DH and I eloped two years ago and had a baby a little over a year later.  At the time we eloped, we told DH's parents but not mine as they didn't like my soon to be husband.  We told them a few months later.

Now, we'd like to have a large family wedding to celebrate our happy life. 

My grandmother says that having a reception would be a good idea, but a "wedding" with a dress and attendants would be in very bad taste. I disagree -- but am I being selfish? I love my family, but I am going to have only one ceremony in my life.

I was thinking we could have it in the church and I could have bridesmaids and everything. I won't wear white -- my gown would be ivory. What do you think? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Replies (221-225):
andiecheyenne
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Nothing wrong with renewing your vows and havinga big wedding, in my opinion. :)

renabeth
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I had a very small courthouse wedding and we are going to save money for a vow renewal for our 10 year anniversary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
you were selfish by eloping in the first place.... that is all!
nngmommy83
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

do what you want =) it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks as long as you and your husband are happy

kitty8199
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM
My cousin did it. Some thought it was weird. Just say it's a renewal. Not a wedding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)