Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you have alcohol in your home? How do you keep your kids from getting into it?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 141 Replies

From toddlers to teens - how do you store your alcohol and prevent kids from getting into it?  For those with teens, do you mark the bottles?

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sbellemommy
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I have a toddler and an infant.  My 3 year old knows that she is not allowed to touch or have alcohol.  We keep it in the freezer, fridge or top shelf of the pantry.  She is a kid that just follows the rules.  My 1 year old is not that kid.  So we'll have to find a better place for it when she gets a bit older.

Hannahsmommy816
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM

hardly ever, we keep it up and away or it's gone quickly (we would drink wine once in awhile) but no teens here

brittany208
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM

the 4yo asks before getting anything to eat or drink, but he knows what "daddy drinks" (beer) are and that they are just for grown-ups. the 3mo... well all he cares about is milk lol.

no idea what we will do when our boys are teenagers.

jbjb1024
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM
2 moms liked this
We don't have alcohol on the house. We aren't drinkers. If we go to a BBQ we will take a couple drinks but sometimes we don't even do that. We just aren't drinkers. Also we don't have teens yet.
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group. :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
3 moms liked this

We do have alcohol in the house,
When they were teens they knew better ;)

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

we have a wine fridge and a liquor cabinet. The kids never go in either. They've been taught it is off limits.

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM
My alcohol is not locked up. I have teens but i trust them. If they were drinkers or hung out with drinkers i would lock it up.
la1118
by Laura on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this
We have the wine in wine fridges and the kids know they are off limits. Other liquor is top shelf of the pantry. They aren't really old enough to be interested yet. It's the candy we have to worry about!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ablackdolphin
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
This is me!

Quoting Sbellemommy:

I have a toddler and an infant.  My 3 year old knows that she is not allowed to touch or have alcohol.  We keep it in the freezer, fridge or top shelf of the pantry.  She is a kid that just follows the rules.  My 1 year old is not that kid.  So we'll have to find a better place for it when she gets a bit older.

Tigress22304
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM

No we dont keep it in the house-but when we do have it-it goes in the bottom drawers where the kids dont go.

We've never had an issue with missing liquor-if anything DH or I gets a 6pck and we drink it that night. I dont believe in keeping liquor in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN