Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What parts of pregnancy did you find the grossest?

Posted by   + Show Post

Famous Model Says Pregnancy Is 'Gross' & She's Right

posted by Julie Ryan Evans 

pregnantThere are a lot of lovely adjectives that describe pregnancy -- magical, miraculous, and joyous, to name a few. However, there's another less-lovely one that people often don't want to mention that describes it pretty well too though -- gross. Sorry, but it's true, and model Lisa D'Amato for one isn't afraid to tell it like is.

In a recent interview with People, the former star of America's Next Top Model got real about how difficult her pregnancy has been. She says while she's fortunate that it's a healthy pregnancy, it hasn't been all fun and games. She's still suffering from morning sickness at eight months, and she just wants her body back.

I'm usually feeling pretty bad but always trying to stay positive. When people say I'm glowing, I tell them it's because someone needs to put on the AC. That whole 'pregnancy glow' thing is a joke! There is nothing pretty about pregnancy except creating a life -- other than that I think it's pretty gross.

I would disagree that there's nothing pretty about pregnancy, because I do think there are some beautiful moments -- like hearing the heartbeat, and feeling the kicks, and just the knowledge that you are growing another human being inside you. But she's right about the gross part too, and sometimes they trump the beauty.

From peeing on pregnancy tests to internal ultrasounds, constipation, morning sickness, hemorrhoids, and after-birth, you can't argue that pregnancy isn't gross. Most people just don't want to come out and say it. But women should know that it's not all picture perfect, so D'Amato's honesty is refreshing.

While some women want to paint a picture of a perfect pregnancy of which they enjoy every minute, I doubt that's the case for almost anyone. And it's okay to talk about the hard stuff, complain even. It doesn't mean you're any less excited about your baby or will be any less of a mother. And you might as well get used to embracing the gross while you're pregnant, because let me tell you, kids are even grosser.

What parts of pregnancy did you find the grossest?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 41 weeks pregnant right now, and I have to say these bleeding hemmorroids.

ilovemykids732
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this

LMFAO... the GAS... that's the grossest thing I can think of too... poor DH will leave the bed when we are sleeping because he cant stand the smell...

rolling on floor

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Morning sickness and gas. I had TERRIBLE gas while pregnant.

coreynlala
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM

First off... I loooove being pregnant. Especially in the summer. Nothing looks better with a cute summer dress than a baby belly. The BEST summer fashion accessory. 

But yes gross. the discharge makes ya feel like a snail, peeing when laughing and coughing and sneezing...., Constipation, hemorrhoids, I didn't get it but morning sickness, I mean really who enjoys putting their face where their ass goes?  lol The post pregnancy grossness. 

But I've done it on purpose 3 times and probably gonna do it again. ha ha ha

coreynlala
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM

LMAO My milk for my first kid, tasted like Kahlua. LMAO Not sure what it taste like now but my hunny just recently discovered it as a turn on during sex. 3 kids later lmao. 

Quoting Blue_Spiral:

I wouldn't call any of it "gross" but the weirdest thing was when I started "wetting the bed" and it wasn't urine.

It started a few months before I was due and it was literally like my water was leaking every couple months...

So, when my water actually did break I wasn't sure until it gushed out when I sat on the toilet.

The only thing that was kind of gross was that my milk tasted super salty and my husband was grossed out during sex lol

coreynlala
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM

lmao maybe you were one of the licky ones. ;) I loved being pregnant but yeah alot of grossness involved in mine. ha ha ha

Quoting lovemusic24:

what?? pregnancy is not gross, if your not ready for the little things that come with it than dont get pregnant

shilohsmommy215
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Peeing all the time! I am now eight months post partum and my bladder still isn't back to normal, I pee just as much as I did with an eight pound baby sitting on my bladder!
4kidz916
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM

morning sickness....yuck!

MrsLondon
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM

The discharge I would say is the most gross thing imo.. It just feels yucky. 

SeymoreButts
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I hated being pregnant all around
freemane
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Peeing in a stick, peeing in cups, peeing yourself.
Vomit. Vomit in your hair, on your toothbrush, on your clothes...
Gas.
Constipation. Diarrhea. Constipation and diarrhea at once.
Smells.
Complete strangers touching you. Random medical people touching you (oh my god, nurse/dr/midwife/pa, stop patting my leg!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN