Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How do you know when it’s time to get married?

Posted by   + Show Post

Joanie got married when she was 18.

How could she be sure she was making the right decision and how it would affect her entire life?

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
wandep
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
You just know. :)
Tigress22304
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM
My mom and stepdad were tog#ther 23yrs before they married. She finally said yes after 4 kids/grandkids lol. She was finally ready to commit lol.
mnmo3bb
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Lol..
Ok that seems like a cop out answer and probably why our divorce rate is so high...

I'd say after you know each others strengths and weaknesses, no secrets, full disclosure, complete trust, and agree on major things like how many children, life long plans, etc. You don't have to agree but you have to compromise. It's give and take without keeping score.
joeannaanthony
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:00 AM
It is difficult to know what s the right time to get married. If it is a good marriage then al is fine and your world is all rosy but if it is a bad if is a bad marriage then t is worse than an addiction. But the worst part is when the kids are also involved. Their lives are affected the most.
nngmommy83
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM

this is a tough one to answer. It would be different for everyone I would think

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM

It's not so much age as it is maturity and picking the right partner..

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I don't know.  It's never been the right time for me.

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM

make sure you both are intune to each other... with requests, wishes, life this is a one time thing to be sure that you will want to live with this person your whole life.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I don't think you ever really know that answer. Sometimes you just have to take the chance and do it :)

mjimaging
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
We just kind of knew. We ha similar ideals and had the same goals. We got along really well and went for it. It's worked so far.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN