Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Kids and Activities: How much is too much?

Posted by   + Show Post

Parents are often overwhelmed when it comes to enrolling kids in extra-curricular activities and sports. We want them to be active, but how do we avoid wearing them out?

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (51-56):
ScrChk23
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I think too much is when you and the child/ren are gone most of the week and you feel like you are living in the car.

Kaci
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:53 AM
With my oldest he was in cub scouts and karate. My middle son was just active with his friends. My youngest was only in boy scouts even though I tried to encourage him to do more. I don't believe that they should be on the go every day.
mjimaging
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM
DD does activities after school while we are still at work. She isn't in anything that has us running around. DS is still kind of little but I don't see us ever really running all over the place. It's not how we are.
strictmomhere
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM
My kids play sports in school but not after or on weekends:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I agree

Quoting ScrChk23:

I think too much is when you and the child/ren are gone most of the week and you feel like you are living in the car.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM
We allow our kids to pick one activity to do every August to avoid this very thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN