Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Pjs? Nightgowns? The Bedtime Clothes Poll!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 65 Replies

My kiddo is rather particular on what she wears to bed. She loves nightgowns, but not just any nightgown. She likes the silky kind, ones without sleeves.  Every once and while, she'll choose pjs, but again, the texture needs to be soft and smooth. 

I get it. When heading to bed, what you wear can make the difference between a night of lovely dreams of Adam Levine, bunnies and winning lottery tickets or one of disrupted ZZZs, tossing and turning due to scratchiness or just plain uncomfiness. Now, I've never been a huge nightgown gal. For me, the usual choice of bed wear is some sort of light sweatpants and t-shirt. Right, I know, not the sexiest or even prettiest attire to wear to bed. But it feels good as I head off to Dreamland.

I'm sure Joanie (for whom I have to profess my adoration for once again...who doesn't love her? Anyone else want to hang with her all of the time?!) would have a thing or two to say about this topic. My guess: she'd say I need to make more of an effort in that bedroom attire department.  Buy some nice pajamas, a few nighties that don't look schlumpee or like something I would wear to rake the leaves. But, it's funny -- my husband doesn't seem to mind, yet my kiddo has noticed more and more, asking me why I don't have nightgowns or matching pajamas sets.

And it has me pondering about why not invest in some pjs that I like? Would I go for some nightgowns? Probably not - I barely wear dresses out and about so I think I'd probably stick with more of a pajama style. Perhaps opt for some uber soft menswear-like pajama set, a flowy pant and button-up shirt type duo.

Okay, what do you wear to bed? Do you prefer pajamas? Nightgowns? Snuggies? Sweatpants like me? Has your choice of bedwear changed over the years?

©iStockphoto.com/ matka_Wariatka

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:55 AM

summer .. short sets
witner .. pj's

hds_02
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:56 AM
I wear a tank top and shorts to bed.
LiDoMama
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Sweatpants and a nursing tank

mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:39 AM

shorts/capri and tshirt/pj shirt... something comfortable and easy to nurse in!

celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Quoting hugss:

summer .. short sets
witner .. pj's

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Comfort is king....lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:10 AM

PJ pants and a t shirt.  I think it has changed, I used to wear nightgowns every now and tehn, or at least matching jammies.  LOL

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely!!!

Quoting celestegood:

Comfort is king....lol

elasmimi
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM

usually nightshirts.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I don't wear anything to bed and haven't in 20 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)