Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What "kids shows" do you not let your kids watch?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM
  • 54 Replies

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM

The Amazing World of Gumball

Chowder are the two off the top of my head-my dd9 was picking up bad habits from the shows (like in chowder there's a charecter that only says rada rada-she would only say those 2 words for Days on end)

Catscratch is another oh and caillou-that kid annoys me with his whining

catevincesmom
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM

SpongeBob Square Pants. 

graycalico
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I could block Disney all together. The attitudes the kids have is crazy. At least the cheesy shows I watched as a kid attempted to throw in a moral dilemma and solution.
ablackdolphin
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Same here

Quoting catevincesmom:

SpongeBob Square Pants. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM

It's a pretty long list... I'm kind of picky. But my two top offenders are Spongebob Squarepants (no redeeming value to that show) and Curious George (George always wins, never has consequences for his actions, and breaks all the rules all the time).

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:47 PM

As long as it's a show made for preschool aged children I'm not too picky about it. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Now they can watch whatever they want ;)

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I'm sort of picky about which shows my dd is allowed to watch. Caillou is a definite NO. He is so whiney and he always seems to get his way. I can't think of any other specific names of shows as I don't have the TV on.

I'm just glad my dd is not really into TV shows. Although I do let her watch shows from my childhood. (Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry)
sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I keep the kids' TV on the Sprout channel because I'm okay with the shows on there. I don't allow them to watch things like Sponge Bob, shows from my childhoood, like Bugs Bunny (now realizing the violence), etc. Maybe when they're older I'll let them watch more. Right now they're still youngsters, so it's Sprout, PBS, or maybe some of the Nick Jr. or whatever shows, like Doc McStuffins or Mickey Mouse Club House.

othermom
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM

barney, tellitubbies and others like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)