Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What "kids shows" do you not let your kids watch?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
Vertical15
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM

We don't have a list but since we only have netflix the kids are relatively limited to what we turn on for them.  My oldest knows to stay on the kid type shows.  There have been episodes that I've turned off of different shows.

Tigress22304
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Quoting Numom61507:

Caillou's voice makes me want to punch a wall! Oh that whiny little brat.. Every time he goes crying to his Mother, I heard her say (in my head) "Well maybe if you didn't cry like a little b$^ch, your friends would actually want to play with you". 

Quoting Tigress22304:

The Amazing World of Gumball

Chowder are the two off the top of my head-my dd9 was picking up bad habits from the shows (like in chowder there's a charecter that only says rada rada-she would only say those 2 words for Days on end)

Catscratch is another oh and caillou-that kid annoys me with his whining

good to know i"m not the only one

chrissydan
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Honstly the only thing dd watches is Sophia the first. Mickey mouse, and Sesame Street. Howevwr I'm a little more lax about pbs and dinsey jr showes than nick jr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Rada rada... my SO and I do that. My SO acts like Shnitzel and I Truffles. I do a great Truffles impersonation.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Chowder are the two off the top of my head-my dd9 was picking up bad habits from the shows (like in chowder there's a charecter that only says rada rada-she would only say those 2 words for Days on end)

conweis
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I cannot stand... Sponge Bob! I loathe it!

Tigress22304
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quoting conweis:

Rada rada... my SO and I do that. My SO acts like Shnitzel and I Truffles. I do a great Truffles impersonation.

Quoting Tigress22304:

I love chowder-truffles is my favorite however dh is a meanie doo doo head and banned it in our house

nngmommy83
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I'm not too strict at all with them yet. They don't like Cartoon Network which is where the weird shows are in my opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Numom61507
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting Numom61507:

Caillou's voice makes me want to punch a wall! Oh that whiny little brat.. Every time he goes crying to his Mother, I heard her say (in my head) "Well maybe if you didn't cry like a little b$^ch, your friends would actually want to play with you". 

Quoting Tigress22304:

I remember a discussion a while ago in another group that got 30+ responses saying they all hated Caillou as well. You're not alone :)

Tigress22304
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Wouldn"t surprise me if there was an anti-caillou group in here

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting Tigress22304:

I remember a discussion a while ago in another group that got 30+ responses saying they all hated Caillou as well. You're not alone :)

elasmimi
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

We like spongebob. Why do so many people disapprove? Am I missing something?

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Same here

Quoting catevincesmom:

SpongeBob Square Pants. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN