Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Did you have an imaginary friend?

Posted by   + Show Post
I asked my 9yo this question and he was offended...he said, "Only people who don't have real friends have imaginary friends." He was somewhat surprised when I told him I had one when I was little. I was just wondering if you remember having an imaginary friend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Replies (11-13):
Numom61507
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Yes. Her name was Lizzie. When I started writing a journal, I used to write "Dear Lizzie" letters. 

Best imaginary friend story: Mini had this imaginary friend "Jack" that she would talk to all the time. She decided he was from Nova Scotia and imagine my utter shock and Paranormal-Activity moment when she found it on a map! So anyways, Mini is sitting in the bathroom talking up a storm one day. I open the door and ask her who she's talking to. She says "Jack". I very cautiously ask if Jack is close and when she says yes, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. She then points to the poster on the back of the door. Apparently "Jack" goes by the name George Clooney! LMAO! Best imaginary friend ever!!

Vertical15
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I didn't but my sister did.  Apparently my parents ran it over with their car?  She said its name was Tilly.  Don't know if it was a boy or a girl!

slw123
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM

No and neither did my kids.  That's funny that your son said that, lol.  That's something my kids would say. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)