Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How long have you had your current cell phone number?

Posted by   + Show Post
?
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Replies (41-45):
Numom61507
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I know. I don't feel it totally yet because we're roommates still, but just having my own space in the house makes me feel better!

Wow. You can only hope for society's sake that one day your ex learns his lesson.. Yikes! 

Quoting kellysparkles:

Good for you mama! You can and will do it and you'll be stronger for it :) My ex actually went back to jail for doing the same thing to his new gf/BM :/

Quoting Numom61507:

Men like that just make me sad.. I told him because of his actions, our marriage was nothing but a piece of paper. He got all upset and cried! Unbelievable! I'm working on getting myself on track and it's killing him but I could care less. He'll be married again - I know it. I hope he's better to his next wife.

Quoting kellysparkles:

I couldn't agree more.  I'm glad you're not with him anymore!!

Quoting Numom61507:

Their little tricks blame us too.. like somehow we're standing in the way of them being with the loves of their lives. It makes my stomach turn!

Quoting kellysparkles:

Because they're boys..they don't take blame for anything lol

Quoting Numom61507:

I will never get why they get so mad at us, like WE are the problem in this equation.. Pathetic!

Quoting kellysparkles:

Well that's really shitty :/

My ex-husband cheated on me, too, and I left him for it (there was a bunch of other things, that was just the icing on the cake); he and one of his ladies started harrassing me - they'd show up at my job, they slashed my tires (yay for insurance!), they would leave nasty notes on my front door...he finally got arrested and all of those charges just piled up.

Quoting Numom61507:

I found out my husband was cheating on me. Apparently, when he broke it off with her, she got upset and blew up my phone threatening me and telling ME to back off and let them be together. It was either catch a charge or change my number. I chose the latter..

Quoting kellysparkles:

Why were you forced to change it?

Quoting Numom61507:

I was forced to change it 4 years ago..

kellysparkles
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Hopefully he does.  He's got a very twisted story after me - when our divorce was finalized he was in jail for a series of things he did and then stuff he did to me.  Well, when he got out, he was on parole and violated that so he married a girl he met in the parole office who also violated...they thought that being married would keep them from going back to prison lol.  So now they're both out and neither can afford the divorce so it's a big ol' mess lol.  One of my close friends goes to church with his family, so she hears about it and then tells me (I don't know why she thinks I care..but at least it fills my drama quota for the month lol).

I'm glad you have your own space.  The day that you have your own place, though, I want you sit in the middle of the living room with all the windows open and the sun hitting your face and I want you to tell yourself, "I did it," and smile big.  Because you did do it.  You survived.  ::hugs::

Quoting Numom61507:

I know. I don't feel it totally yet because we're roommates still, but just having my own space in the house makes me feel better!

Wow. You can only hope for society's sake that one day your ex learns his lesson.. Yikes! 

Quoting kellysparkles:

Good for you mama! You can and will do it and you'll be stronger for it :) My ex actually went back to jail for doing the same thing to his new gf/BM :/

Quoting Numom61507:

Men like that just make me sad.. I told him because of his actions, our marriage was nothing but a piece of paper. He got all upset and cried! Unbelievable! I'm working on getting myself on track and it's killing him but I could care less. He'll be married again - I know it. I hope he's better to his next wife.

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting Numom61507:

Their little tricks blame us too.. like somehow we're standing in the way of them being with the loves of their lives. It makes my stomach turn!

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting Numom61507:

I will never get why they get so mad at us, like WE are the problem in this equation.. Pathetic!

Quoting kellysparkles:

Well that's really shitty :/

My ex-husband cheated on me, too, and I left him for it (there was a bunch of other things, that was just the icing on the cake); he and one of his ladies started harrassing me - they'd show up at my job, they slashed my tires (yay for insurance!), they would leave nasty notes on my front door...he finally got arrested and all of those charges just piled up.

Quoting Numom61507:

I found out my husband was cheating on me. Apparently, when he broke it off with her, she got upset and blew up my phone threatening me and telling ME to back off and let them be together. It was either catch a charge or change my number. I chose the latter..

Quoting kellysparkles:

Why were you forced to change it?

Quoting Numom61507:

I was forced to change it 4 years ago..

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Maybe she tells you so you stay grateful you dodged the proverbial bullet? I know it gives me a little smile when I hear an ex is miserable lol

And will do! I can't wait! I feel like the time couldn't go slower but it will happen when it needs to I guess.

Quoting kellysparkles:

Hopefully he does.  He's got a very twisted story after me - when our divorce was finalized he was in jail for a series of things he did and then stuff he did to me.  Well, when he got out, he was on parole and violated that so he married a girl he met in the parole office who also violated...they thought that being married would keep them from going back to prison lol.  So now they're both out and neither can afford the divorce so it's a big ol' mess lol.  One of my close friends goes to church with his family, so she hears about it and then tells me (I don't know why she thinks I care..but at least it fills my drama quota for the month lol).

I'm glad you have your own space.  The day that you have your own place, though, I want you sit in the middle of the living room with all the windows open and the sun hitting your face and I want you to tell yourself, "I did it," and smile big.  Because you did do it.  You survived.  ::hugs::

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting Numom61507:

kellysparkles
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

You know..I never looked at it like that, I like that that idea! 

And it will happen soon enough..before you know it things will be completely different :)

Quoting Numom61507:

Maybe she tells you so you stay grateful you dodged the proverbial bullet? I know it gives me a little smile when I hear an ex is miserable lol

And will do! I can't wait! I feel like the time couldn't go slower but it will happen when it needs to I guess.

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting Numom61507:

Quoting kellysparkles:

Quoting Numom61507:

wandep
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM

A while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)