Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you ever feel as though...

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you ever feel as though your home is out to get you? things constantly breaking? needing replaced? etc.

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Replies (31-36):
sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM
There is always something to fix or do to keep up with maintenance!
earthangel1967
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Thank you. It IS for "US"... some people think we are crazy that we purposely chose the tiniest apt here which is only 495 sq ft 1 bedroom 1 bathroom tiny kitchen and normal living room with large sliding glass doors & ground floor patio &  yard but to us it feels like premium hotel suite at a resort which we love. We could afford a one bedroom over twice the size but we prefer this one. Certainly not ideal for everyone but perfect for us yes.

It was a challenge downsizing from an approx 2000 sq ft family house & garage to 495 sq ft and with NO clutter including in closets, we donated and sold and gave away a lot of stuff and it feels liberating really! : )

Quoting brittany208:

sounds perfect 

Quoting earthangel1967:

YES!!! When we owned a big house that we raised our kids in, even though it was a beautiful house it still needed something done constantly and issues came up all the time, it was so time consuming and expensive and stressful. We are still glad we had a nice big house in a safe little town to raise our kids in BUT..

Now that our 5 kids grew up  and are on their own Todd and I (as we've always planned to do) sold the house and moved to a more populated diverse active area into a an awesome apt complex with resort like amenities and we purposely  chose the smallest apt they have  because its all we need and its sooo super fast and easy to keep tidy and perfect and also anything that goes wrong big or even small we just put in maintenance request and even tell them what time and what day we need or want them here even if  its right now and they are there and take care of everything with a great attitude too. They also do all the yardwork and landscaping so its carefree and stressfree and we get to just enjoy everything ahhhhh We hope we can live here the rest  of our lives honestly :)

YVONNE

brittany208
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I like the idea of the minimalist lifestyle, but i dont think we could ever take it that far. DH and I like our own space.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Thank you. It IS for "US"... some people think we are crazy that we purposely chose the tiniest apt here which is only 495 sq ft 1 bedroom 1 bathroom tiny kitchen and normal living room with large sliding glass doors & ground floor patio &  yard but to us it feels like premium hotel suite at a resort which we love. We could afford a one bedroom over twice the size but we prefer this one. Certainly not ideal for everyone but perfect for us yes.

It was a challenge downsizing from an approx 2000 sq ft family house & garage to 495 sq ft and with NO clutter including in closets, we donated and sold and gave away a lot of stuff and it feels liberating really! : )

Quoting brittany208:

sounds perfect 

Quoting earthangel1967:

YES!!! When we owned a big house that we raised our kids in, even though it was a beautiful house it still needed something done constantly and issues came up all the time, it was so time consuming and expensive and stressful. We are still glad we had a nice big house in a safe little town to raise our kids in BUT..

Now that our 5 kids grew up  and are on their own Todd and I (as we've always planned to do) sold the house and moved to a more populated diverse active area into a an awesome apt complex with resort like amenities and we purposely  chose the smallest apt they have  because its all we need and its sooo super fast and easy to keep tidy and perfect and also anything that goes wrong big or even small we just put in maintenance request and even tell them what time and what day we need or want them here even if  its right now and they are there and take care of everything with a great attitude too. They also do all the yardwork and landscaping so its carefree and stressfree and we get to just enjoy everything ahhhhh We hope we can live here the rest  of our lives honestly :)

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Sorry you're having problems. hugs

brittany208
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

lol. we're actually not. just something else made me think of the question and I thought it could stir up some good conversation on here.I mean, we do have an old house that constantly has something broken, but I dont feel like its "out to get us." its just an old house. and we knew that when we moved in. its nothing serious.

for example: right now the toilet paper holder is coming out of the wall bc my 4yo pulls on it to pull himself off the toilet. DH fixed it once, but now its actually tearing big holes in the drywall, so he has to do a bigger fix next time. but eh, it still works. just looks a little ghetto right now lol

Quoting SweetLuci:

Sorry you're having problems. hugs

chrissydan
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Not really
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)