Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You Ever...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM
  • 31 Replies

...get to sleep in?  

I don't.

i was looking forward to this weekend because it meant sleeping in till 7 or 7:30 (DD has been waking up that late all week) when normally I'm up at 6 so I can be awake for the little boy I nanny for.  Nope.  She chose today to be up at 5. 

Wahhh lol.  I guess it just means I can go out and do my errands earlier than I had planned.  Too bad half the places aren't open yet :/

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM

same thing here today! i stayed up late last night, thought id get to sleep in a little... then baby woke up extra early...

usually the boys sleep in til 8 or 9 though!

kellysparkles
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I can't remembe the last time I got to sleep that long! lol  I had horrible insomnia during my pregnancy, so I barely slept then either.  

I usually stay up after DD falls asleep at night so I can get stuff done around the house because I can't during the day (I nanny), so I usually fall asleep around 12 or 1.  Oh well...I've got the coffee going :D lol

Quoting brittany208:

same thing here today! i stayed up late last night, thought id get to sleep in a little... then baby woke up extra early...

jbjb1024
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I slept in today. Rylee woke up at 7:15.
brittany208
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I'm just lucky in that both my boys have always been good sleepers. slept through the night at an early age and usually slept in a little bit. i dont go to bed til around midnight, but thats enough sleep to function.

i never learned to like coffee. ive tried. its gross. 

Quoting kellysparkles:

I can't remembe the last time I got to sleep that long! lol  I had horrible insomnia during my pregnancy, so I barely slept then either.  

I usually stay up after DD falls asleep at night so I can get stuff done around the house because I can't during the day (I nanny), so I usually fall asleep around 12 or 1.  Oh well...I've got the coffee going :D lol

Quoting brittany208:

la1118
by Laura on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Weekends I can sleep in a little, usually. During the week I get up at 5ish. My cats are used to being fed that early so sometimes they will be bugging me early on the weekends. My 6yo will usually get up by 7am, but he will be quiet and just sit and color until I get up.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM
No, I'm up by 6am every morning.
Vertical15
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Yes, most days.  My husband works nights so when he gets home in the morning he gets the kids up and out the door Mon/Wed/Fri and I get to sleep in a bit.

mjimaging
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I couldn't sleep in if I wanted to. I seem to have an internal clock that wakes me around 6 or so. DS is up early most days. If he sleeps in its on days I have to work.
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Dd is a late sleeper, we both sleep in until about 9am most days.

Babujai
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Occasionally on the weekends. My boys can get their own breakfast usually so they'll let me sleep.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)