Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you know your own birth story?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 346 Replies
3 moms liked this

What time were you born? How long was your mom in labor? How many weeks was your mom when she had you?  Was your name already picked out? What was your name going to be if you were a boy?

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

no :(

jbjb1024
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I know I was born in the evening. My mom had went to the hospital earlier in the day. She knew it was time but the Dr sent her home. She was home for about 2 ish hours then went back and delivered an hour or 2 later
mjimaging
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I don't know. I think I was born early in the morning, sometime around my due date and I was small. Only 5 pounds 12 ounces. I don't know much else.
staci1103
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Lol my mother had a vaginal delivery and claims she doesnt recall any of it. This was almost 43 yrs ago so I guess its possible. I was born about a week late, my name was picked out for both genders, I was gonna be Todd William if I were a boy. I was born at 10:20am at 7#9oz. And my dad wasnt allowed in the delivery room.
SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I know I was a month or so early, and had to be under the lights for high bilirubin. I don't know the time of day or how long Mom labored.
la1118
by Laura on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I was born about 11:30am on a Sunday; I think it was 11:24 to be exact.  My mom said it was a fast labor and the doctor was telling her, "Wait, wait!  I don't have my gloves on!"  or something to that effect, lol.  She must have been 40 weeks as I was born one day after her due date.  I think my name was already picked out.  I was named after my great grandmother on my mom's side and my dad picked out my middle name.  I think my mom once told me that I would have been Steven if a boy.

graycalico
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I was born at 6:13am, c-section. I was born early after a really hard pregnancy. I was 4ish pounds and my lungs weren't ready so they needed to transfer me to another hospital. They were going to name me Rachel or Anne-Deon(wth??) but mom saw another baby in the ward named Amanda so she named me Amanda Deon. The other baby didn't survive. :(
I was in the nicu about two weeks I think.
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
What time were you born? 1:13 pm

How long was your mom in labor? 15 I think?

How many weeks was your mom when she had you? 38.5 Wks

Was your name already picked out? Two to choose from.... Depending on if I made it to January ( i didn't ) so the December name was picked.

What was your name going to be if you were a boy? John, because every first son in the family is named John.

I was the first girl in three generations .,.. That's a lot of Johns! Hahaha

My firstborn got " John" as his middle name.
( but he goes by initials)

Tigress22304
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
4:36pm mom was In Labor for 12h. She was 39 weeks. My name was picked out due to mom knowing I was a girl.
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I was born on a Friday at 2:46am. I was 6lbs 8oz and was 19.5 inches long. According to my uncle my mom was a week early and labored for about 4 hours. I was adopted so I was able to get this info from him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)