Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you know your own birth story?

Posted by   + Show Post

What time were you born? How long was your mom in labor? How many weeks was your mom when she had you?  Was your name already picked out? What was your name going to be if you were a boy?

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Replies (341-346):
Austinsmommy12
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Hahaha it's just super rare for such a "new age" thing to be done in the 60s. Your mom was a pioneer and a risk taker. Massive props to her :)

Quoting Rosebud333776:

No, they weren't hippies LOL :)

Quoting Austinsmommy12:

I'm assuming your parents were hippies? How cool would that be? To be completely hypnotized to give birth would be uhhhhmazing!

Quoting Rosebud333776:

I was born May 20, 1965 @ 6:16 in the am. My mom had me under hypnosis. That would be unheard of today because the OB needs to be with you at all times when in labor under hypnosis. That is so amazing to me! I weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces and was 20 inches long. The birth date was picked out because she. was induced.My name was already picked out

If i were a boy i don't know what my name would have been.

adopteeme
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Millions of North Americans are prohibited by law from accessing personal records that pertain to their historical, genetic and legal identities. Such records are held by their governments in secret and without accountability, due solely to the fact that they were adopted.

OPEN records NOW!
Kmakksmom
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I was born on February 22nd, 1979. It was a Thursday, and I was born at 10:17am. I was 5 lbs, 15 ozs, 18 inches long. YES, my mom smoked before she was pregnant, during her pregnancy with me, and she still smokes, albeit not as much. I ALWAYS get asked that question when I say my birth weight. My mom was officially in labor with me for 18 hours, but she thought the cramps *labor pains* were a horrible case of indigestion for 12 of those hours. I was supposed to be a Valentine's baby. She was 41 weeks when she had me. She swore up and down for months that I was going to be a boy, so my name was going to be Kevin Aaron. She was pleasantly surprised, but totally unprepared for a girl when I was born. She named me Stefanie Erin *Stefanie after Stefanie Powers*, and I have no idea where the name Erin came from. I guess she liked it for whatever gender I was going to be. Thank goodness I'm not a boy. I cannot stand the name Kevin, lol. *no offense to any moms with Kevins, it's just not for me*.

I also have photo albums filled with pictures from before I was born, my mom giving birth, and my first few years. So cool. *I am an only child as well. Not for my parents' lack of trying tho. They had 1 stillborn and 1 miscarriage before I was born, and 2 miscarriages after I was born.*
Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Quoting ablackdolphin:

What time were you born? 7 something, it's on my birth cert How long was your mom in labor? don't know How many weeks was your mom when she had you? don't know she says I was a month early Was your name already picked out? nope..... they couldn't agree What was your name going to be if you were a boy? Steven Edward.... I ended up Stephannie (The femamine of Steven) and then my MN is after my mom's Godmother. The fact that they used the feminine of the picked out name ment nothing to either, as 17 months later my brother was born..... and given the name they had agreed on for me.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I really don't know much.  I just know that dad's were not allowed in at that time and they still handed out cigars LOL

firefay
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I was born on on Saturday November 25, 1978 at 2 am. My mom was 33 weeks pregnant with me. She was putting my brother (age 3) to bed at 9 pm when her water broke. She had time to get friends to watch my brother and drive to the hospital. My dad was on rotation and couldn't be with her, so no one but medical staff was with my mom when I was born. I think she said she had a list of possible names and picked Kimberly Jamila. I don't know what I would have been called if I was a boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement