Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What Is the Best and Worst Thing Anyone’s Ever Said About You?

Posted by   + Show Post

We're getting personal today! Andrew, Joanie and Chuck are all revealing the nicest and meanest things they've ever been told. It's amazing how long those words will stick with you!

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
krys1025
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Nicest thing was that I was a wonderful mother worst would be that I was snooty. Just because that is the furthest from the truth :) I'm shy and it gets mistaken often for snobbiness
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Words can definitely stick around. I think the nicest things are when people have said I am a good mom and that they are proud of me. I can't think of the meanest but I tend not to get into many confrontations.
matt_sara_mom
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM

The worst would be my childhood nickname of "baby baluga"

The best compliment would be from my 2yo who doesn't speak much. I asked DH how I looked since we were doing pictures while out and about. My 2yo looked at me and with the sweetest voice said "oooh wook bootiful Momma." 

Bob192
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Kids were pretty rough to me in elementary school.  I've had of nice things said to me to.  Nothing specific comes to mind.

elasmimi
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM

The worst thing was at my last job, one of my co workers said I had no idea what I was doing, I was like a deer in the headlights. She later got fired for not doing her job right. The best thing, oddly enough, came from my ex husband. He said I was the strongest woman he had ever known.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM

My mom (whom I love dearly) used to tell me that she thought I'd never get married because I couldn't get along with anyone. She kinda meant it as a compliment, I suppose... that I'm independent. But I'm also very stubborn (though I have mellowed a bit over the years).

When I worked in retail, a family came in with 2 boys and a girl. I'm pretty sure one boy belonged to each parent (from prev. relationships) and the baby girl was theirs together. One boy was doted on and the other kept getting snapped at... I felt so bad for him. So, as they were shopping (I was folding t-shirts or something), I was sorta playing silent peekaboo with him around the clothing racks—just grinning at him when he would peek around at me. That small gesture just seemed to light up his adorable little face!

Anyway, when he finally spoke to me, he said, "You're a mom, huh?"

I was years from becoming a mom, but the fact that he saw that in me was the GREATEST compliment.

SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Gosh, it's hard to remember. I have to confess that the mean things stick with me much longer than the nice things. :(

ceciliam
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM

This is the same for me.

Quoting proudmommy690:

Hmm... I'm not really sure about either. Im sure I've been told some pretty mean things and nice things.

craftybookworm
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I honestly don't pay attention to what is said about me. Usually comments made in the general public are biased. Now my kids have said I was the meanest MOM EVER~ but that was because I was grounding them. And my kids have gone in the other direction to tell me that I'm the best mommy EVER.
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Some nice things, some mean things, they both stick with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN