Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What Is the Best and Worst Thing Anyone’s Ever Said About You?

Posted by   + Show Post

We're getting personal today! Andrew, Joanie and Chuck are all revealing the nicest and meanest things they've ever been told. It's amazing how long those words will stick with you!

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM

The best was being told I was a great mother. The worst is some things that were said to me by the parents of my rapist They were angry at me that their son was in court and the things they said to me were awful.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM

The best compliment I've received is that I'm a good mom.  Made me feel good.

The worst thing someone said to me is "poor girl, look at the way she walks". I kind of waddle like a penguin when I walk and I know that, but it hurt to hear it LOL

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM

The best I would say is that I am a generous person and not sure about the worst.

AlannaMaria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I think the best compliment i got was from my brother who is now deceased. I was a teen mom, had my own apartment, car payment, finishing high school, and working. He told me how proud of me he was and what a great mom i was to my daughter. He said " I mean it, Alanna". It has always stuck with me. It felt good that he recognized how hard i worked to juggle everything. I never really noticed it because i knew i hard to be strong and work hard to provide and finish school.

The worse compliments came from my ex ( DD father) we were young and he was a drug addict and did/said some pretty awful things to me. 

AlannaMaria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM

That's pretty mean... My DD grandmother walks like that too, she has really bad hips.

Quoting sukainah:

The worst thing someone said to me is "poor girl, look at the way she walks". I kind of waddle like a penguin when I walk and I know that, but it hurt to hear it LOL

sukainah
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Oh that's too bad about your DD grandmother.  

I don't have bad hips, I just walk funny.  I try to focus on it and not do it, though. Oh well.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

That's pretty mean... My DD grandmother walks like that too, she has really bad hips.

Quoting sukainah:

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Best- my dd tells me I'm the best mommy

Worst- not sure
lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Hmm...let me think about this...

Bob192
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I am so sorry that happened to you!  Why is it that those who do wrong think they are entitled?  What gives them that right??

Quoting la_bella_vita:

The best was being told I was a great mother. The worst is some things that were said to me by the parents of my rapist They were angry at me that their son was in court and the things they said to me were awful.

timon95
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM

don't want to bring up the past - so we'll leave the bad back there. the best would be whenever people tell me how well behaved my kids are

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)