Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What Is the Best and Worst Thing Anyone’s Ever Said About You?

Posted by   + Show Post

We're getting personal today! Andrew, Joanie and Chuck are all revealing the nicest and meanest things they've ever been told. It's amazing how long those words will stick with you!

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM

going anon for reasons -

worst thing said: I got told at my mother's funeral, by my aunt, that I killed my mother for being a bad daughter.

best thing said: DH said I DO.

chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM
After I had my tubes tied my ex told me I was worthless as a women and he had no use.for me. My sister has also said some aweful things about me but those are too terible to repeat. I think the nicest is being told what a good mon I am.
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Omg that is terrible.

Quoting Anonymous:

going anon for reasons -

worst thing said: I got told at my mother's funeral, by my aunt, that I killed my mother for being a bad daughter.

best thing said: DH said I DO.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I don't now if I can think of the worst thing anyone has ever saidabout me. The best thing, there are more than one.  One favorite is being told I am a good Mom, I could take that every day.

cholita1978
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Worst things were said by my xhusband "how he wish I was dead so he could keep dd, how I'm an ugly fat ass"

Best thing is that I am a good mom, everytime I hear that it honestly makes my day :-)

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM

They are a rare religion. I don't want to say in case anyone else is this religion. They believe their son did not mean to do it but a demon got inside him. So in their mind, he did no wrong. I had to get a no contact order.

Quoting Bob192:

I am so sorry that happened to you!  Why is it that those who do wrong think they are entitled?  What gives them that right??

Quoting la_bella_vita:

The best was being told I was a great mother. The worst is some things that were said to me by the parents of my rapist They were angry at me that their son was in court and the things they said to me were awful.

Bob192
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM

WOW!  Really??  That tops the excuses, I guess.  Then no one has to be accountable for their actions.  I hope you don't have to deal with them anymore.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

They are a rare religion. I don't want to say in case anyone else is this religion. They believe their son did not mean to do it but a demon got inside him. So in their mind, he did no wrong. I had to get a no contact order.

Quoting Bob192:

I am so sorry that happened to you!  Why is it that those who do wrong think they are entitled?  What gives them that right??

Quoting la_bella_vita:

The best was being told I was a great mother. The worst is some things that were said to me by the parents of my rapist They were angry at me that their son was in court and the things they said to me were awful.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Thankfully, no

Quoting Bob192:

WOW!  Really??  That tops the excuses, I guess.  Then no one has to be accountable for their actions.  I hope you don't have to deal with them anymore.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Bob192:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Rust.n.Gears
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I'm autistic so I've heard a lot of negative. The worst thing was when the doctors told my parents to never let me "breed". I passed out I got so upset. My father was furious and carried me out of the hospital.

Years later my father looked at me and told me I was a wonderful mother.
Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I would have to say the best would be compliments on how well behaved, loving and compassionate our kids are. 

The worst was when I was told I was a bad mom and was destroying my kids' childhood because I Didn't tell them the Santa was real after they'd heard at school that he was pretend. :/ The whole thing was awful and has really affected my views on those people (family unfortunately ) and on the whole Santa tradition. That said, even though they (the kids) know it's a game, they still love it and everything about Christmas. Shocking I know lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)