Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What Is the Best and Worst Thing Anyone’s Ever Said About You?

Posted by   + Show Post

We're getting personal today! Andrew, Joanie and Chuck are all revealing the nicest and meanest things they've ever been told. It's amazing how long those words will stick with you!

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Aaaw <3

Quoting jessicasmom1:

SO is not a easy one to get words out but the other day he told me " I love you , adore you and would not know what to do without you" :-) I will never forget this

Child of God, Wife to Sean and
Momma to Aidan, Colin and Nora

DD's Dipes

Halloween diapers stocked NOW!

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM

not sure. 

I did find out by accident my ex bff called me a Fat W... word! when I thought we were still friends.. Yes im heavy, but the W word hurt me most.. Im very far from it. and she had ALOT of nerve. Were not friends anymore.

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I have been told I had a beautiful smile

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM
That is so sad that people judge your kids and you having them that way.
Quoting mnmo3bb:

Worst is when they say mean things about how many children I have.. I've heard negative things since expecting my first... From that's dumb, people can understand one mistake but two?! (neither were mistakes!)...

Best is any compliment whether it be about me, my children /family or appreciating something I said or did.
earthangel1967
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:23 AM

screaming I've had a lot of horrible things even verbally and emotionally abusive things said to me and about me especially as a little kid and teen. So I had no  self esteem at all for a long time. One that almost cost me my life is a guy I broke up with said to me very calmly (so calmly it was creepy) "Any guy who ever sees you will automatically think "I wish I could f*** her, but no one will EVER love you, you should just kill yourself now." : ( At the  time... I believed him and seriously considered killing myself.

But that is just one example of many.

happyI also  have had a lot of amazingly meaningful touching good things said about and to me through out my life.

My kids telling me they are glad I am their mom and are proud to even know me =  priceless

My husband who never got a tattoo in  his life even thru his previous marriage of 12 yrs or past live in girlfriend of 4yrs after being with me  only 1 yr (we've been together 10 yrs now) got my name and love of my life tattooed on him and angel wings and light cutting thru the  darkness and a halo/wedding ring because he said I am like an angel of light that cut thru the darkness of his life and  showed him love and light and joy he didnt even believe existed in  this life until  he met me and that he didnt believe in soulmates until he met me either. And when he first met me  from online dating one of the  first things he said when he saw me in person was "Wow your pictures were beautiful online but didnt do you justice, it's almost like your radiate or glow or something I can't explain... in  person." And he made a vanity plate for his suv with our photo that says  soulmates forever and put it on  there, he said he feels like getting billboards of me because he loves me so much and  is so proud of me that he feels like shouting it from  rooftops.

Gosh  I love him and our kids so much!

YVONNE

butterflymomss
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:42 AM

The best would be how well I've raised my dd. My stbx's aunt's bf (confusing I know) tells me that everytime I see him. He's always complimenting me on her manners and how I deal with her attitudes (shes 5). It makes me feel wonderful because honestly I feel like a failure most of the time.

The worst would have to be when a girl I was friends with told me that my mother didn't love me and I was the reason she died. She passed away when I was 11 and this was said to me when I was about 13 I think. I still have a hard time dealing with her death and I'm 25 but I have finally realized that it's not my fault at all. There was always a small part of me that blamed myself but it got worse after being told that.

brittany208
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM

best... probably when DH wastalking about how Im a great person and he really admires me for that

worst... being called a b**** probably. just bc--what a mean thing to say!!

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Some things... You just don't want to reflect on... Or share ;) 

jen113000
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Wow. .. That's horrible!

Quoting Anonymous:

going anon for reasons -

worst thing said: I got told at my mother's funeral, by my aunt, that I killed my mother for being a bad daughter.

best thing said: DH said I DO.

jen113000
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Omg! How could a doctor say that.... shame on them!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I'm autistic so I've heard a lot of negative. The worst thing was when the doctors told my parents to never let me "breed". I passed out I got so upset. My father was furious and carried me out of the hospital.

Years later my father looked at me and told me I was a wonderful mother.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)